Weekends Football 29/31 December

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bournemouth weren't that bad, just overhit crosses when they got into the box. It happens. Certainly Spurs being 3-0 up was very very flattering based on the general flow of the game (their third looked offside aswell).

People do realise that the teams around us are going to win the majority of games left this season. Can't understand the mass panic when a team around us wins a game, this is different expectation to when you're in a relegation battle and other teams can go 5-6 games without winning.

It's clear after half a season the top 5 are the best five teams in the league by a considerable difference so just a question who will finish in what position now.

Oh I'm well aware that we're in a very competitive race for those top positions, it would just be nice if another team would fall away 😅 the points tally to finish 4th at the moment is on course to be pretty high compared to usual too, Spurs are on course for 74pts in 5th.

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Oh I'm well aware that we're in a very competitive race for those top positions, it would just be nice if another team would fall away 😅 the points tally to finish 4th at the moment is on course to be pretty high compared to usual too, Spurs are on course for 74pts in 5th.

5th is very very likely to get CL imo so to have a 9 point lead over 6th (and that team being West Ham who'll probably have a 1 win in 6 run at some point) is excellent.

I'm really not too concerned at all. Win 8 more games and we'll all but certain to be playing CL next season so it's right there for us to seize.

Just now, VillaChris said:

5th is very very likely to get CL imo so to have a 9 point lead over 6th (and that team being West Ham who'll probably have a 1 win in 6 run at some point) is excellent.

I'm really not too concerned at all. Win 8 more games and we'll all but certain to be playing CL next season so it's right there for us to seize.

Yeah hopefully England gets the extra CL place making things a bit more comfortable but would still want top 4 just to be sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

@VillaBrum We are 13 points clear of Newcastle.  If they catch us now then that will say more about us than it does about them. 

I am more anxious to see them being mid table or lower (for my own satisfaction), than worrying about them catching us lol

1 minute ago, VillaBrum said:

I am more anxious to see them being mid table or lower (for my own satisfaction), than worrying about them catching us lol

Them getting Europa conference league would be ideal to tire them out a bit next season I reckon 😅

Izzy thinks losing to West Ham and Fulham might be a good thing for Arsenal because it'll be a wake up call. Great point.

No one is mentioning Villa. I'm surprised they don't cut us out of the table when they put it up. 

Edited by YLN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Sky being a tad disrespectful to Villa, not surprised really  who are that team sitting second on GD after having beaten Arsenal and Man City.

Representatives for Wellingborough

Just said that too. I didn't much care before in a kind of "under the radar" way but now it's getting on my norks especially after hearing redknapp (yeah, I know..) and some blonde woman (lucy ?) totally ignore us as they were looking at the top of the table.....even kelly dalglish didn't say our name and i respect her as a capable journo.

We are 2nd after half the season.....not after 6 games....

Edited by mottaloo

4 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Just said that too. I didn't much care before in a kind of "under the radar" way but now it's getting on my norks especially after hearing redknapp (yeah, I know..) and some blonde woman (lucy ?) totally ignore us as they were looking at the top of the table.....even kelly dalglish didn't say our name and i respect her as a capable journo.

We are 2nd after half the season.....not after 6 games....

I'm glad they don't get a penny off me anymore...

We can stay under the radar

• Like 1

Â