Weekends Football 8/10 December

andykeenan

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

For me, Ayew is unlucky to have a yellow at all between the two instances that produced the red.

Quite true but having been given a yellow he shouldn't give the ref the opportunity to send him off. 

They know Liverpool play to the end and they choked.

I just can’t see us putting results together against the likes of Palace away consistently enough to really be in a discussion for any higher than 4th. These clearings in the woods, Arsenal and City all get the decisions go their way and they have the mentality to ensure they do not lose. 

it's the inconsistency with those fouls that rankle me. I think it is a clear second yellow, but that is so inconsistently called as a yellow, even more so if it's a second yellow. A clear tactical foul for me should always be a yellow.

anyways, come on Bournemouth

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

it's the inconsistency with those fouls that rankle me. I think it is a clear second yellow, but that is so inconsistently called as a yellow, even more so if it's a second yellow. A clear tactical foul for me should always be a yellow.

anyways, come on Bournemouth

Fancy Bournemouth to play well enough to get something but we'll see if the ref has other ideas

• Thanks 1

The Hodgson way pf playing 24% possession is old school, it invites pressure on, yes they went down to 10 men but to loose after 1-0 up late on is not all down to the ref. We beat this lot easy with 10 men a few years back

2 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

A red and7 yellows and the commentator said their want a bad tackle in the game. 
another poor Premier League official 

Hmm I’ll defend the ref here in that a lot of those yellows were for intentionally stopping attacks. Professional fouls essentially. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The bias is not in the big decisions, it’s in the game management. Palace conceded less fouls and have many yellows and a red. Liverpool not a single yellow. 

Look at what Konate got away with v Everton a few weeks back when he was on a yellow.

The big disaster really for Palace was conceding straight after the red. Was only a matter of time before Liverpool got a winner from that point.

Â