Ratings & Reactions: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/11/23 at 23:59

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I couldn't agree more....and I think other teams will become aware of this.

Everton (cup)  Mostar, legia Warsaw (Cup) Wolves and Forest have asked questions of us.....What we do, we do great....but there is a dark side of this great game, that we struggle with, and if we have lofty aspirations, we need to embrace it, not resist it.

why these passive offerings rear their ugly head, from time to time, I can only speculate.

It’s a journey and a process… Unai is taking us higher…

It will take time for him to eradicate all of our negative or harmful traits but he’s already gotten rid of so many and improved us to an exceptional extent …

Trust, faith, patience and belief is required from us supporters… surely we don’t expect to win and be on top form for every game? How many sides are capable of that? 

Can’t understand where any sense of entitlement (although we do live in the age of and demand for instant gratification, social media certainly doesn’t help) would come from when we’ve had to endure so much crap and dross in the past… Unai has transformed us but his work is far from done.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

I only watched the first half because I had to go out.

We always seem.to struggle against teams who do play the low block and five in the.middle.

It was clear even early on we were going to have much of the ball.

Second half I would have liked to see maybe 3 at the back and put the extra attacker on give forest something to think about rather than than just sit and say go on then.

They had the numerical advantage at the back and in midfield...always going to be tough.

Wakins and diaby plus zaniolo 3 against four and luiz kamara mcginn and either cash or Diane against their 5.

Disappointed but we dust down and go again 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Love him to pieces but if he ever sets us up with offensively dreadful full backs as our attacking outlets again…

A large part of that is because Forest set up so narrow and deep, outside was always going to be the place to exploit.

We did get in behind multiple times (which actually shows our set up was decent because its difficult to do so against a low block), but Dignes delivery which has generally been good this season was awful.

Obvious that was coming - forest know how to pop a party balloon. Also feel the 12 wins at home has to end at some point - Fulham need a result badly…. But we are still top 5! Win Thursday more important for me 

42 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

That's all on Unai today. We never changed our play at all. A goal down we carried on playing the same way. Two goals down and we did the same. We didn't change our play to react to the opposition at all today. 

Sorry Unai, but you were shit poor today.

Nonsense. Utter nonsense. It was clear we weren't going to play through them. So we had to play around. And then we changed things accordingly with going 3 at the back and then pushing digne/bailey even wider. 

We had chances, conceded a couple of shit goals and they played well. 

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I couldn't agree more....and I think other teams will become aware of this.

Everton (cup)  Mostar, legia Warsaw (Cup) Wolves and Forest have asked questions of us.....What we do, we do great....but there is a dark side of this great game, that we struggle with, and if we have lofty aspirations, we need to embrace it, not resist it.

why these passive offerings rear their ugly head, from time to time, I can only speculate.

What’s so encouraging is how we overcome and have overcome all of the various setbacks (injuries, poor performances, results, loss of form etc.) and not let any “rot” set in… we come roaring back!

A far cry from the not so distant past and fairly horrific times and decline we endured.

Again, we are a different beast these days and Unai will never settle for anything less than the optimum/best… 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s a journey and a process… Unai is taking us higher…

It will take time for him to eradicate all of our native traits but he’s gotten rid of so many and improved us to an exceptional extent already…

Trust, faith, patience and belief is required from us supporters… surely we don’t expect to win and be on top form for every game? How many sides are capable of that? 

Can’t understand where any sense of entitlement (although we do live in the age of and demand for instant gratification, social media certainly doesn’t help) would come from when we’ve had to endure so much crap and dross in the past… Unai has transformed us but his work is far from done.

but Jas.....staying on the ball, is a basic pre-requisite for any player in our league position.....We constantly lost the ball, just about all of them, with one or two exceptions.

I am not challenging UE, I would think he is as disappointed as we.....but the stuff Forest did to stifle us, was basic, but required hard work and discipline.....I don't think our lot was in the groove to make runs, or move away from press's....They played like they thought they could rock up and stroll it.....but its not the first time either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Looks like Luton are doing the same to Liverpool as Forest did to us so far. 

Really?? .. turned off all football after our match and just expected an 100% win for liverpool of a wide margin at that but please

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What’s so encouraging is how we overcome and have overcome all of the various setbacks (injuries, poor performances, results, loss of form etc.) and not let any “rot” set in… we come roaring back!

A far cry from the not so distant past and fairly horrific times and decline we endured.

Again, we are a different beast these days and Unai will never settle for anything less than the optimum/best… 

I am not talking in that vein......I am merely talking about todays game.

I don't envisage, some coming off the rails narrative.....but I do think we have a trait in our DNA that he needs to work on....and I think the games I have previously mentioned have shown this.

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Really?? .. turned off all football after our match and just expected an 100% win for liverpool of a wide margin at that but please

Yep.  I expect Liverpool to score by the end of game but after 61 mins, Liverpool just as frustrating for their fans as Villa were to us today (just we conceded the other end)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think away from home, is where some of our players, are questionable....I also think some of the goals we concede are sloppy.

Its inevitable, we will concede, but the nature of them, is questionable.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep.  I expect Liverpool to score by the end of game but after 61 mins, Liverpool just as frustrating for their fans as Villa were to us today (just we conceded the other end)

and there lies the main issue....a hard fought game and a 0-0 would have us all disappointed, but realistic....and the manner, we was shoved off the ball, was cause for concern.

John McGinn, cannot do Meatball on his own...he needs help, in games like this.

9 hours ago, rbcuk said:

That was so shit, final 3rd we didn’t have a clue, we so need a few more players in January 

but not the same as we've got already eh!!!

Edited by TRO