Ratings & Reactions: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/11/23 at 23:59

17 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

That's all on Unai today. We never changed our play at all. A goal down we carried on playing the same way. Two goals down and we did the same. We didn't change our play to react to the opposition at all today. 

Sorry Unai, but you were shit poor today.

Unai wasn’t the one hitting every shot over the bar, and didn’t tip the ball into his own net.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

We weren’t going to win every week. 

Particularly, when we was 5th....teams go after you, when you are in such lofty positions.....we have to be ready for that.

Teams will go after you when they know, you are good....The best teams find a way of negating that.

They say, winning the league is hard.....staying there is harder.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree Jas...we are too passive, but you can't say that when we are winning.

I have seen traits of today, when we have been winning....but its hard to say it, when we have won.

If anyone watched the Newcastle V Arsenal game, it was in evidence, the top teams scrap for the ball....sure it was brutal at times, but you have to have it in you, to win Trophies and Titles.

I am not saying, I want us to consistently play like that, but when we come up in to games like this, creative play, will not always see us through, we have to compete with teams like that......On Paper, player, for player, we are better than them....but their application was superior in getting the result....they simply stopped us from playing, and we didn't know how to circumnavigate that....I also think we have too few players in the squad, to help us with it.

I think Unai, will have taken in to Account, the reasons behind these dropped points i. e Forest, Wolves and Everton in the cup....I am not going to mention, Liverpool or Newcastle defeats even though we are in front of Newcastle, because I think they are better than us.

Anyway, we've had a tremendous start, maybe this game, brings us back down to earth....and Showcases, what we might need in January.

Whenever we’ve come up against a more physically imposing team, especially midfield, we’ve usually struggled.

We’ve improved in recent times and managed to counteract that by the quality of our play… but we do lack a “strong presence” or option that can also combine that with composure and quality in possession.

We don’t really have anything worthwhile beyond Doug and Kamara to be frank, McGinn is better centrally than either Dendoncker or Tielemans too…

Forest’s midfield had that physicality but not the quality that we possess… it was just a poor performance overall today and no single player really stood out or looked all that good. It happens… I’m sure Unai will reduce the frequency of such occasions though… he’s already done such good work and removed many “stigmas” or poor records…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Honestly, thought we did okay. Was just one of those days against a team playing a low block that we struggled against. There will be more of them as the season goes on. 

Though defensively we were poor for their two goals but that will happen from time to time. Would rather those mistakes both happen in the same match.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Man City lost to Wolves, sometimes these results happen.

Wolves lost to Sheffield.

I know anyone can win/lose but we ain't no man Cit£h

20 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Bailey was worse than zaniolo when he came on.

Well pointed out… Diaby was completely ineffective too and weirdly dropping so deep in the first half.

Whole team simply was not at the races…

Edited by Jas10

19 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

That's all on Unai today. We never changed our play at all. A goal down we carried on playing the same way. Two goals down and we did the same. We didn't change our play to react to the opposition at all today. 

I agree, to an extent, but I don't think he has enough of the contrasting players to combat what they was doing.....or he hasn't got them in the frame of mind to do it, not sure which.....we was simply passive, and invited their aggression.

Personally....and I have been saying it on here.....we need the diversity of player, to change some things, and we haven't got them.

We have too many players, who all want to do much the same things.....they are all good, in space. close/ deny the space and they are left wanting.....they went after us today, but we didn't go after them, we was just content to persevere with pretty patterns, and passive play.

45 minutes ago, allani said:

He's still playing out of position.  The chance he had in the first half - if he's playing his natural position on the right he cuts back, watches the defender slide past trying to block the shot that doesn't come and puts the ball in the top corner on his left foot.  He's not looking the player he did at Roma - but how long did it take for Ramsey to settle into the team and prove his worth?

You could see the sharpness with JJ though, looks its a divided opinion but we will see 

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t take it personally, the lad’s been slated by many recently and it’s unfair. That’s my opinion anyway.

I believe he will improve, don’t see anything wrong with that.

Just want our players to do well and believe they can, including Nico.

Yeah i want him to do well along with everyone else and i still think ppl are still in his favour but i cant see him being consistently that great for us, may have a good game for us next week as he will know he has to step up especially being removed early in back to back games.

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think it was the whole team to be fair.

Booing the team because we’ve lost first time in 8  games. Talk about entitlement, what shit support we have at times 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Whenever we’ve come up against a more physically imposing team, especially midfield, we’ve usually struggled.

We’ve improved in recent times and managed to counteract that by the quality of our play… but we do lack a “strong presence” or option that can also combine that with composure and quality in possession.

We don’t really have anything worthwhile beyond Doug and Kamara to be frank, McGinn is better centrally than either Dendoncker or Tielemans too…

Forest’s midfield had that physicality but not the quality that we possess… it was just a poor performance overall today and no single player really stood out or looked all that good. It happens… I’m sure Unai will reduce the frequency of such occasions though… he’s already done such good work and removed many “stigmas” or poor records…

I couldn't agree more....and I think other teams will become aware of this.

Everton (cup)  Mostar, legia Warsaw (Cup) Wolves and Forest have asked questions of us.....What we do, we do great....but there is a dark side of this great game, that we struggle with, and if we have lofty aspirations, we need to embrace it, not resist it.

why these passive offerings rear their ugly head, from time to time, I can only speculate.

25 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Good, because thats the same for the top teams and managers.

Don't panic, trust the process etc

We got into more than enough good positions to have scored goals today, because we kept to our plan. 

Our downfall was our shocking execution in the final 3rd - 35+ touches in their box and only 2 shots on target.

Todays result is poor, but long term the ability to avoid losing control and not getting dragged into kick and rush will serve us well.

• Like 3

We didn't play well, but still had enough chances to win the game. We just didn't take them.

It happens.

They did what we'd have done against a top 6 team in the past. Get a lead and try to hang on.

We are going to have to get used to teams understanding that they won't beat us by going toe to toe. As a result, there will be plenty more games where opposition set up to park the bus. We'll just have to get better at breaking those teams down.

Booing the players that have raised expectations so much by being so good for a year seems like a but of a dickhead thing to do.

Credit Forest, they had a plan and executed it very well. Not pretty but got them the points. Another day though and no Emi howler, we score one of our chances and then we get a point...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Forest are difficult  to beat at the city ground, as some have said we cant win them all and today i felt that this would be the day, the game as it went on just showed the home side advantages and from there i just knew it wasn’t our day.

The media this week and all these podcasts talked ALOT about us… top four this and title contenders etc , they get carried away more than the fans just over the top stuff.

Luckily we have a manager who will show them the game today and where we went wrong.

Luiz was not terrible today i think many are overreacting and need to calm down, Luiz was well below his average in the first half but second half looked his usual self, i gave the MOTM to Mcginn he looked fantastic today, Diaby and Cash were hugely disappointing as was Bailey who lacked confidence in the final third.

This is a match that was missing a Ramsey, he would have excelled here today i reckon, overall we are missing JJ, hes a serious upgrade on Zaniolo, and i dont want to hear anything about he needs more time IVE SEEN ENOUGH!! he’s nowhere sharp enough at this level, he fits in the slower pace leagues but not for Premier League, think Emery got that signing wrong but in fairness its a loan so he can return to his club. 

Very upset as i would have loved to see us with those extra points and in the top 4 but knew we would become unstuck today.

That is true, but when you kind of have lofty aspirations, its usually the top teams, you say that about.

We are more than capable of beating Forest and Wolves away from Home.....but our application has to be way above that.

The problem, I have is......I can see in us, why we tend to struggle with these games....its one reason why we are not ready, for top 4 predictions.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

We all know that, but losing to a bottom 5 team that haven't scored a goal at home in the first half for months is not acceptable.

well, at the very best, its food for thought and re-Appraisal of what we are.....still very much WIP for me.