Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

If only I could change my username to Pato right now :cry:

I'm sure the one of the (absolutely incredible) mods could make your 'first team' status to Pato if you ask them!

It would be awesome!

DOOO EEEEEET PATO!

Not quite true. I think the only bird with a penis is the Swan.

Which is coincidental because it's the only bird who's male isn't called a cock.

My sister claims to have once seen a duck's penis, she said it looked like a little red corkscrew :|

Fan death is a widely held belief in South Korea that an electric fan left running overnight in a closed room can cause the death of those inside. Fans sold in Korea are equipped with a timer switch that turns them off after a set number of minutes, which users are frequently urged to set when going to sleep with a fan on.

The Korea Consumer Protection Board (KCPB), a South Korean government-funded public agency, issued a consumer safety alert in 2006 warning that "asphyxiation from electric fans and air conditioners" was among South Korea's five most common seasonal summer accidents or injuries, according to data they collected. The KCPB published the following:

If bodies are exposed to electric fans or air conditioners for too long, it causes [the] bodies to lose water and [causes] hypothermia. If directly in contact with [air current from] a fan, this could lead to death from [an] increase of carbon dioxide saturation concentration [sic] and decrease of oxygen concentration. The risks are higher for the elderly and patients with respiratory problems. From 2003 [to] 2005, a total of 20 cases were reported through the CISS involving asphyxiations caused by leaving electric fans and air conditioners on while sleeping. To prevent asphyxiation, timers should be set, wind direction should be rotated and doors should be left open.

Despite widespread reporting from the media and other agencies in South Korea about fan death, it has never been explained by these organizations why this phenomenon has never been reported or even heard of in any country other than South Korea.

Wiki

I heard a few odd ones last week:

A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off - it dies from starvation!

Apples are more efficient than caffeine in keeping people awake in the mornings!

Spain literally means 'the land of rabbits.'

Apples are more efficient than caffeine in keeping people awake in the mornings!

Typical. The one common fruit I have little time for :)

Not quite true. I think the only bird with a penis is the Swan.

Which is coincidental because it's the only bird who's male isn't called a cock.

My sister claims to have once seen a duck's penis, she said it looked like a little red corkscrew :|

I happen to know for a fact that pigs (male ones) have corkscrew penises. I have not seen a pig's penis, however I did read it once in a little book about penises owned by a gay acquaintance!

Reminds me of a 'joke' :)

What's pink and comes in pints?

A pig.

I'm now going to get an e-thrashing from Mike and his e-cane for bringing smut into this thread :P

Just like us humans do, right? Hence why I always carry some Durex Play and Polyfiller wherever I go. You just never know.
Pollyfiller. Aiiiii.

Yesterdays was:

The average human will eat 8 spiders while asleep in their lifetime.

Made up that, innit.

I'm quite partial to a spider that's fallen asleep.

Â