Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

I recently found out that Local Natives released an album in 2007 under the name "Cavil at Rest" (album name "Orion Way")

Thank ye to GarethRDR for that ane.

That the guy that plays McNulty in 'The Wire' is a super-posh (Eton educated apparently) English guy, and 'Snoop' from the same show is a female character (no reference to her gender is made until the fifth season, which i've only just started watching)

That the guy that plays McNulty in 'The Wire' is a super-posh (Eton educated apparently) English guy, and 'Snoop' from the same show is a female character (no reference to her gender is made until the fifth season, which i've only just started watching)

Stringer Bell (Idris Elba) is English too, he's from Brixton. McNulty's accent is a bit wobbly at times but Stringer's is **** faultless.

I didnt know until recently that Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe were named after Queen Victoria, by Dr David Livingsone of "Dr Livingsone, I presume?" fame.

I'm sure Snoop is referred to as female before season 5.

I certainly knew she was female before Season 5. Whether I was told that or just gleaned it somehow, i don't know.

But yes, i was a little surprised when I saw McNulty pop up on one of those talking heads programs and he was super posh!

Snoop is referred to as a female in season 3, (S3 E7) Marlo says "Your turn girl" when he orders a hit on a Barksdale corner. You then see her in girls clothing shoot at Poot and his crew from the back of a motorcycle.

To be fair, you wouldnt really notice her in S3 with all the other stuff going on if it is your first viewing, she is such a minor character that she really does just fade into the background. It's not until S4 and that scene in the hardware store that she comes anywhere near to centre stage.

Man, I love The Wire. I wish I had one of those flashy thingies from Men In Black so I could wipe my memory and watch it again. :(

I'll start with the fact i've only just found out that youtube clips are limited to 15 minutes !!!

I don't go on the computer much as you can imagine

Strange...I played a 32 minute Monster Magnet vid on there on Friday (and linked it to the music thread in OT)

and 'Snoop' from the same show is a female character (no reference to her gender is made until the fifth season, which i've only just started watching)

She also got cast after Michael Williams (bloke who plays Omar) met her in a bar, and told him her life story. She is a genuine Baltimore gangster, she performed drive-bys etc...

...and has just been done for dealing Heroin. Ouch.

The sun (Big hot thing in the sky) burns 8 million tons of material a second IIRC. I suppose it's just E=MC2 thing in action but on a biggish scale.

-

Some of the wavy lines and fuzz on the TV screen when not tuned into anything are reminents of the radiation and tings from the big bang (a while ago now), so are actually older than some early episodes of Corronation Street.

Someone watched Woners of The Universe last night..... ^^^^

This is the odd thing, I didn't.

The above could be random things I have made up or heard somewhere, unless I watched it without knowing + these facts might not have been covered last night.

I say facts but lets not get carried away here.

Some of the wavy lines and fuzz on the TV screen when not tuned into anything are reminents of the radiation and tings from the big bang
Just got me thinking. Can you do this with a digital TV?

Â