Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

During World War 2 Cadburys only hired women and you had to be classed as single to work there , when you got married you had to leave but were showered with gifts as a thank you .
That was true for many many jobs until as late as the 50s and 60s. Married women weren't allowed to be teachers for example (although they relaxed the rule during the war, it came back in again after 1945).

The majority of botanists do not consider a strawberry to be a berry as it displays its seeds on the outside.

EDIT: Mild grammatical cock-up.

Birmingham speedway legend Arthur Browning was a stuntman motorcyclist in one of the Milk Tray ads in the 70's

Oooh good knowledge Rob.

Browning was part of the Brummies team I used to go and watch.

George Major (lived in Aldridge)

The Grahame brothers

John Hart

Ricky Day

Carl Askew

Keith Anderson

and of course the one and only - Phil Herne

Germany's WW2 reparations were largely paid in labour/material/technology, we actually dismantled factories and shipped the kit around the world to the Allies. The US especially took German scientists and research, which went on to make inroads into rocketry and eventually, NASA. Actual cash reparations were kept consciously low IIRC, fearing that crippling Germany any further would just lead to a repeat of the rise of the Nazis or create an enormous vacuum of power in the centre of Europe (strategically, Germany is very, very tastey with reference to Europe - anyone that dominates Germany has the European hegemon).

So, assuming I'm not mistaken, I'd imagine as far as we're concerned at least, the money owed from the Germans for WW2 has been long paid.

Germany has paid considerable reparations to Israel. Not sure if they've finished those payments but the Israelis have planned to ask for more regardless recently.

We only paid off our own debt for WW2 a few years ago IIRC.

Birmingham speedway legend Arthur Browning was a stuntman motorcyclist in one of the Milk Tray ads in the 70's

Oooh good knowledge Rob.

The Grahame brothers

John Hart

Ricky Day

Carl Askew

Keith Anderson

I only ever went to Perry Barr once, my mates Mom and Dad were regulars. In fact they had a framed picture of George Major on the kitchen wall.

I got a few autographs, including Arthur Browning, Ove Olsen, Jiri Stancl and Soren Sjosten. No idea where they ended up though

Oooh good knowledge Rob.

The Grahame brothers

John Hart

Ricky Day

Carl Askew

Keith Anderson

I only ever went to Perry Barr once, my mates Mom and Dad were regulars. In fact they had a framed picture of George Major on the kitchen wall.

I got a few autographs, including Arthur Browning, Ove Olsen, Jiri Stancl and Soren Sjosten. No idea where they ended up though

We took our lad to the Finale last season, he loved it. I was a bit meh. Not enough crashes.

Â