Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

A six second drum beat, called the Amen break, is one of the most important pieces of music in the creation of modern music, particularly the hip hop and Dnb/Jungle scenes.

You've almost certainly heard it before, but never realised.

EDIT - And further, the break originates in a 1969 song by a band called the Winstons, and despite the widespread use of their drum beat, they've never made a penny for it's sampling.

There are 16,777,216 cells on a blank excel document....... therefore you could write the entire bible old and new testaments using a letter in each cell on the same sheet at least 3 times including using cells for spaces.

Also and i may be wrong on this one........ if all the people who had ever died were bought back to life on a new world the population would still be less than the world we live in.

That reminds me Chindie.........The drums from David Bowie's Let's Dance single have probably appeared (via sample) on a lot more songs than people realise, it was the de rigeur sample for drums for almost a decade

yeah it probably is Nays, but I wasn't talking about a whole sequence of beats together, I was talking about individual drum samples. Thats why no one knew. it was just the individual beats that were sampled and stuck together in whatever pattern the producer liked. The Let's Dance drum sound really was where it was at for a good ten years. See what producers used to do to save time was use the drummers to trigger the samples, saved them time in setting up the sound themselves, why bother setting up the studio for optimum sound, when its already there, just trigger it, was the mantra, for ages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SaFTm2bcac, and yes he has a spectacularly dull voice.

Amazing though, that break basically IS the beat for a lot of early DnB that comes to mind. Not a fan od the genre but I certainly recognised it.

Even Oasis have used it!

I'm sorry I listened to that, it sounds like the pre-sound check, the line check when the drum tech hits the skins and the actual drummer is still in the hotel :mrgreen:

EDIT: the monotonous voiced tosser is also talking a lot of shit, though I tend to agree with where he's coming from

Also and i may be wrong on this one........ if all the people who had ever died were bought back to life on a new world the population would still be less than the world we live in.

This one can't be right, surely?

Unless I'm making a late night mathematical error, it can't be.

We're now at about 6.7bn people IIRC, we passed (according to wiki) a world population of 1bn in 1804, 2bn in 1927, 3bn in 1959, 4bn in '74, 5bn in 1987 and 6 in 1999. Bearing in mind as a species we've around in sum nuber for thousands of years, I'm fairly certain that there's been more than 6.7bn humans in history. before this very moment. Even if you say that as the billions increased a billion survived from one milestone to the next you're already approaching a very large 'dead' population, it can't be right.

It's actually quite a daunting number actually, the numbers of us. We're growing in size at quite a pace.

EDIT - Actually, sod it, wiki has a bit on it, it's not true by miles. Apparently the number of humans ever is approximately 106bn.

better put, 'There are more people alive then have ever lived'

And it's bollucks.

No, there are more people alive than have ever died is what was being said. But yes, it's still bollocks.

And it's bollucks.

No, there are more people alive than have ever died is what was being said. But yes, it's still bollocks.

Surely the past tense 'lived' denotes death, though^^

And it's bollucks.

Surely the past tense 'lived' denotes death, though^^

I suppose. But I'd count everyone alive now as having lived. Ok we are still living, but "anyone who has ever lived" to me would include people alive at the moment.

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

Nepal is the only country in the world whose flag is not square or rectangular shaped

The Guinness Book of World Records itself holds a world record, as the best-selling copyrighted series. It was created by Sir Hugh Beaver, then the managing director of the Guinness Brewery

Â