Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, maqroll said:

GoyderRiverCrossing.jpg

Can you guess what country this photograph was taken in?

Bonus points for the region.

Southeastern USA. Maybe Louisiana or South Carolina? (It'll turn out to be Wales now, won't it?) 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Southeastern USA. Maybe Louisiana or South Carolina? (It'll turn out to be Wales now, won't it?) 

Nope. Nice guesses though, both of those areas have real lush flora.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

North east US, New England area - Massachusetts, Maine etc.

i wish something like this was up here in N.E.... looks really cool, i'd love to paddle down that little river

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

i wish something like this was up here in N.E.... looks really cool, i'd love to paddle down that little river

I actually wouldn't have thought it was New England but just guessed based on your own location and posting history ;)

I was going to guess it was somewhere we always see and perceive as a dust bowl of dried shit and stone.

One of these countries we are in perpetual war over and the camera only ever shows us moonscapes.

I was going to take a punt on Iraq or Afghanistan or some Khurdish region.

Where do they get their food? There has to be a bit of Syria or Iran or Egypt or Libya or Yemen where they can grow stuff. 

I guess what we are seeing is the equivalent of a war being fought for the Australian outback and somewhere down the road there is a vast wine region. You'd think they'd fight over the green bits.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Really great guess!

It is indeed Oz, but it's not in Queensland.

Thanks. I recognised the trees ( the type not the individual specimens). I went with Queensland because of the water. If I was to have a second guess, I'd maybe go with somewhere south of Darwen in the Northern Territories.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

How the heck can you cheat at guessing where a picture is of? Actually, don't tell me. Life would be worse for knowing.

That's what the term 'too clever for your own good' is for. I'm taking all the joy out of it :P

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's what the term 'too clever for your own good' is for. 

You're not "too clever"

(if you are, you'll know if that's a complement or an insult :) ... and then you'll realise whatever you work it out to be, it therefore has to be the reverse....which will prove my answer to be correct...wheel within a wheel..)

• Like 1

Â