Jareth

8 hours ago, John said:

The PL runners-up, I can't wait! 

Coral have us fourth favourites to win the league @ 28/1 by the way, it's been a few years since we were that low in the betting to win this. 

I got us at 80/1 😇

So on current form, we finish the season on 81 points which is the same as when Leicester won it.  So the question is how good is the competition?

I don't see man city being as good as the last few seasons.  Arsenal got 84 points last year, are they better this year?  Maybe, maybe not. .Liverpool are definitely better, but how much?

If we keep current form, we'll be in a title race until the last few games of the season 🕺😱🤯

• Like 1

I just can’t see us keeping it up. We all know things to a little bit to pot if we can’t field our preferred XI. If any one of Douglas Luiz, Torres, Martinez, Kamara, Watkins are injured it’s practically game over. 

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I just can’t see us keeping it up. We all know things to a little bit to pot if we can’t field our preferred XI. If any one of Douglas Luiz, Torres, Martinez, Kamara, Watkins are injured it’s practically game over. 

You can say that about most teams. That's how it works. Assume none of those get injured. Non Villa YT video said Villa is less susceptible for a player like Rodri being out for City because of Emery system. 

So I keep seeing hypotheticals on here, often in transfer thread, what if player X gets injured then what. Here's the hypothetical none of our key players get injured this season so it's on yes?

Edited by Kiwivillan

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

And that is why a couple of carefully chosen reinforcements could make the crucial difference in the January window. 

Time for Monchi to do his stuff. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rubberman said:

Emery has currently averaged 2.02 points per game across his 40-match spell in charge of Villa. In doing so, he’s just one of 10 managers to have taken charge of at least 35 games and won at least two points per game in a spell at a club. All the previous nine have gone on to win the Premier League title with that team.

Aston Villa have won 10 of their 15 games in the Premier League this season, their most victories at this stage of a league campaign since 1980-81 – the last time they won the title.

The stars are aligning. Maybe it’s time to dream, Villa fans.

• Like 2

I'm waiting for us to get to gameweek 19 ( Halfway point ) before I start dreaming.

It gets more real for me if we are up there in say game 29/30.

And if we are up there by game 29/30 it would mean we are pretty close to securing a Champs League spot at worst.

I wonder if our transfer spend plans/targets would shift if we go into Jan window with serious prospects?