Match Thread: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Having the midfield 3 of kamara mcginn and Luiz with luiz the one pressing has got us on the front foot, as has emis long balls to watkins.

It's been a while since we used high intensity aggressive play when off the ball and it is clearly working today so far.

2 good watkins goals, diaby with 3 or 4 chances but held onto the ball a fraction too long but was there for the 3rd goal.

In other games, especially if we were playing the top 6 2 of those goals I could see being disallowed, zaniolo being near the keeper offside for watkins 2nd and Luiz clash 20 seconds before the 3rd.

The only player not quite on it is zaniolo so far, the speed of the game at the moment seems he is a second behind, but again I think he is better on the right hand side.

Top marks though all round so far

3 minutes ago, trekka said:

image.thumb.png.7cb89e641d8b772d730a60a7499e285f.png

Courtesy of Sky Sports

Hard to understand how the xG is derived from 7x as many total shots, and 5x as many shots on target. We’ve clearly had many more decent chances. I don’t understand it. The xG concept is sound in principle, but it seems to be really badly calculated.

• Like 1

Just now, KentVillan said:

Hard to understand how the xG is derived from 7x as many total shots, and 5x as many shots on target. We’ve clearly had many more decent chances. I don’t understand it. The xG concept is sound in principle, but it seems to be really badly calculated.

What were Brightons two big chances? 

3 minutes ago, Osirus said:

'Watkins (42 goals) is now joint-fifth alongside Christian Benteke in Villa's leading Premier League goalscorers'

Thought he was shite?

He's shite because he doesn't score on every single chance and he isn't Haaland

• Haha 1