Weekends Football 29/30 September/1 October

andykeenan

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It's not a deliberate, cynical trip, that's true - having seen it a few times I'd say that's definitely not the case.

But he does make contact and when a player has the ball, even if you're running minding your own business, if you cause him to trip it's a foul. He does cause the player to trip and I think in the area they're in on the pitch and the phase of play, a trip there causes a booking 99 times out of 100.

We see the game so differently :D

I hate that being a booking the same way that I hate penalties being given where an attacker leaves his leg in, knowing there’ll be contact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

If anything, the two red cards are probably going to act as cover for the big decision in the game - VAR, with time, technology and replays, deciding that Diaz was offside in complete opposition to the evidence that everyone could see in front of them. Questions need to be answered on that one.

As I said before, I reckon the tech failed. Original call was offside so they just went with it. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Spurs are celebrating awfully hard for a team who just beat 9 men with a 95th minute own goal

Some of our players were celebrating hard when we beat the Liverpool Under 16 team. Looking at the Elmo celebration in particular 😂

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

As I said before, I reckon the tech failed. Original call was offside so they just went with it. 

Pity the guy who tried to load the CAD drawing program and got a large error. 

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Still radio silence from PGMOL so you can bet your life they're trying to come up with something, anything.

From the still I saw the ball was obscured so I bet the statement will be they couldn't determine when the ball was kicked from the camera angle.

14 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

MOTD showing Spuds v Liverpooh first 🤣

I suppose showing scousers getting robbed is a special and rare event.

Then City v the dingles. If that isn't bias I don't know what is though. Takes the piss tbh 

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

RKC Waalwijk's goalkeeper Etienne Vaessen  has collapsed v Ajax and the match has been suspended 🙁

Good news here

Translated:

Dear RKC members,

We are extremely shocked by the incident on the field with our goalkeeper Etienne Vaessen. We can announce that, after extensive medical examination, he is conscious and has been transported to hospital for further examination.

We wish Etienne a lot of strength and strength and hope to have him with us again soon. 💛💙

Edited by villan95

11 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I suppose showing scousers getting robbed is a special and rare event.

Then City v the dingles. If that isn't bias I don't know what is though. Takes the piss tbh 

I don’t really see why it takes the piss? Spurs vs Liverpool has what will be one of the biggest talking points of the season in it, in a game that also had 2 red cards and a 95th minute own goal. Wolves beating Man City is an absolutely mammoth shock.

I’m fairly surprised Everton vs Luton wasn’t before us to be honest. 

Â