villan95

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

a huge issue, only a 50% win record in the league 😛  

We lost 2 of the 3 toughest away games this season. We got 1 point in the same fixtures last season. It was overblown, as things tend to be on the internet

• Like 4

I did make a point about the away form and was concerned about it so today is very good. 

I should've probably taken into account the fact that against Newcastle, Liverpool and Legia we conceded within 5 minutes which basically undoes any sort of gameplan. Less early goals and we'll be fine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

I did make a point about the away form and was concerned about it so today is very good. 

I should've probably taken into account the fact that against Newcastle, Liverpool and Legia we conceded within 5 minutes which basically undoes any sort of gameplan. Less early goals and we'll be fine. 

We also had injuries to our CBs early in the 2 league games 

• Like 1

I still think it's unfair that we were given three of our first four league games this season away. And now four of our first six away. When you consider how important it is to get off to a good start.

But we've got through it well overall, four wins from our first six games is good !  : >

And NU winning 8-0 away today makes me feel a little better about our 5-1 defeat against them !

Edited by robby b

• 1 month later...

We've beaten Burnley and 10 man Chelsea. Lost to Newcastle Liverpool and Forest conceding first goal early. We drew with Wolves again conceding first. 

Away form is definitely not good enough for the CL places. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

This performance so far is why I still have concerns about us away from home. Teams start fast and it seems to take us by surprise.

Forest is a very tough away game. When you go over a year just losing two league games at home it goes beyond a fluke (same as for our incredible run at VP which continues). They know what to do at home to get results and get terrific backing from their crowd to do it.

Yes bad old habits of August in conceding in first 10 minutes wasn't good enough.

They've got Spurs and Man. United at home before 2023 is out so hopefully they take points off them, certainly good enough on their own turf to do it.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We've beaten Burnley and 10 man Chelsea. Lost to Newcastle Liverpool and Forest conceding first goal early. We drew with Wolves again conceding first. 

Away form is definitely not good enough for the CL places. 

United only got 27 points away last season and qualified for Champions League. Its not really that bad

Just now, VillaChris said:

Forest is a very tough away game. When you go over a year just losing two league games at home it goes beyond a fluke (same as for our incredible run at VP which continues). They know what to do at home to get results and get terrific backing from their crowd to do it.

Yes bad old habits of August in conceding in first 10 minutes wasn't good enough.

They've got Spurs and Man. United at home before 2023 is out so hopefully they take points off them, certainly good enough on their own turf to do it.

The problem is most away games in this league are tough though. There's just things I'm seeing in our away performances that I don't like, even the win at Chelsea.

• Like 1

I don't think our away form is anything to be overly concerned about.  We have lost at arguably the two toughest away grounds, Newcastle and Liverpool, and today against a side who have lost just two of their last 20 at home. Today was a real freak of a game in fairness as we have dominated other than putting the ball in the net and will play way worse than we did today this season and win. 

It was a bad one today, Forest might be good at home, but winning there recently hasn’t been a frequent occurrence so far this season. 

I think our away form will pick up. Three of the away games we’ve had we typically struggle to get anything from.

Having looked at previous seasons, fourth spot gets around 30 points from away games. Maybe a one or two more.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villan95 said:

The problem is most away games in this league are tough though. There's just things I'm seeing in our away performances that I don't like, even the win at Chelsea.

We should be winning at Luton and Sheffield whatever period of the season we're playing them. Our direct rivals will be and indeed already have.

Fulham are pretty awful this season so to me that's actually a more winnable away game than Wolves or Forest were given they're local and awkward teams.

Bournemouth is coming up in early December so that's a must win when you look at the other teams we're playing around that time.

We always win at Goodison park although will be trickier this season.

Then you look for a win over a rival, really fancy us at Old Trafford on Boxing day. We always win at Brighton aswell.

I think end of season we'll be on 7-8 away wins. No idea if that's good enough for top 4 but if we post 12-13 home wins it will be good enough for top 6 as that would be 20 wins. 

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, VillaChris said:

We should be winning at Luton and Sheffield whatever period of the season we're playing them.

Fulham are pretty awful this season so to me that's actually a more winnable away game than Wolves or Forest were given they're local and awkward teams.

We always win at Goodison park although will be trickier this season.

Then you look for a win over a rival, really fancy us at Old Trafford on Boxing day. We always win at Brighton aswell.

I think end of season we'll be on 7-8 away wins. No idea if that's good enough for top 4 but if we post 12-13 home wins it will be good enough for top 6 as that would be 20 wins. 

Maybe I'm just feeling negative at the moment but I wouldn't even be confident about beating Sheff Utd or Luton away from home with some of the bad habits I'm seeing.

• Confused 1

Â