Rubbish players who scored against villa

Jimzk5

Not just one goal but that posh clearing in the woods hit by a sniper utter clearing in the woods Bamford somehow managed to turn into prime Ronaldo and score a hatrick at Villa Park for Leeds in the covid season. Literally everything he did came off that will never happen again against any team as long as I have a hole in my arse!   Why always us!?

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Not just one goal but that posh clearing in the woods hit by a sniper utter clearing in the woods Bamford somehow managed to turn into prime Ronaldo and score a hatrick at Villa Park for Leeds in the covid season. Literally everything he did came off that will never happen again against any team as long as I have a hole in my arse!   Why always us!?

This still haunts me , I think I almost took it personally … 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Federico Macheda. Was a peach as well.

I will probably never forget that goal. At that time there was a swedish journalist placed in England originally to follow Sven- Göran Eriksson when he was manager of England. The thing with this journalist was that he was well known for not having a very good football knowledge. Except for himself. He was a good example of the Dunning Kruger effect of football. "Some say I don't know football but I've watched 1000's of games so I do know football." Not an exact quote, but he wrote something like that once. One funny thing was that every time Eriksson was in a form of scandal he said that that's it, now he's getting sacked. Every time except for one, the time Eriksson actually was sacked. That time he wrote that "Oh, Eriksson will survive this too." Well, anyway, after that game he wrote about Macheda "I've seen the future, I've seen the next big star. What a player! You will hear more about him." When I read that I just knew that we'd never hear about him again. And apart from another goal against us we never did.

That was a long text about nothing. As a side note the one Aftonbladet has located in England today is a woman and she definetely knows football. She's great listening too.

And to follow the thread: Andy Newhouse 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

None of these players are actually rubbish, if they were rubbish they wouldn't be in a position to score against us, this thread is basically like the 'players you think are rubbish thread, but also that have happend to score a goal against us. Closest you will get to to an actual 'rubbish player' scoring against us is if we've played a non-league team in a friendly or a Cup game and maybe one of their weaker players somehow managed to get a goal, or if we've played a team and they've put in a youngster that's got a goal, and that youngster then faded into obscurity because of not being very good.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

None of these players are actually rubbish, if they were rubbish they wouldn't be in a position to score against us, this thread is basically like the 'players you think are rubbish thread, but also that have happend to score a goal against us. Closest you will get to to an actual 'rubbish player' scoring against us is if we've played a non-league team in a friendly or a Cup game and maybe one of their weaker players somehow managed to get a goal, or if we've played a team and they've put in a youngster that's got a goal, and that youngster then faded into obscurity because of not being very good.

Well, of course you're right about that. Actually that's what I think and sometimes say when people call PL players poor. Or championship players for that matter. They're not poor or rubbish. Quite the contrary, actually. They're among the best in the world. But how fun is that?

Â