Weekends Football 1/3 September

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You do know Todd's just the face of Chelsea yeah? There's no doubt the Saudis are funding it through the PIF.

I doubt the Saudis would have made this much of a mess unless they gave control to a 6 year old Prince

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Mudryk in the mud

That video should have started 5 seconds earlier and show why the break happened in the first place, horrible lazy pass from mudryk, 2 team mates 5 yards away from him and he played in between them to the forest player

That City one is shocking.

There's a really, really simple way to fix this - make the rule so that if a player is in an offside position, he's offside - get rid of active and inactive, you're offside or you're not - none of this jogging along with your flag down in case it develops into a different phase, no wait and see, no interfering with play or in the keepers eye-line - just one question - is the player offside or not?

Personally I don't care if there's a player lying down with a broken ankle, I don't care if he's doing his laces, I don't care if he's taken a blow to the head or gone to fetch his shin pad, if he's offside, he's offside.

You could do it without VAR, you can automate it, with the technology we have now, you could probably do it without linesmen - just get rid of the whole 'active/inactive' garbage which has turned a perfectly simple rule into a game of chance and mystery and get back to something we can all understand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Plays as a number 10 under Don Carlo doesnt he 😂 

Fairytale start to his Madrid career though, fair play. Actually one of few likeable noses

Oh, right. I don't pay much attention to Madrid, so I didn't realise he was now an attacking midfielder.

Â