January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

You said Ramsey would "go for" £35M though so I disagree. I'd be very disappointed if the club sold for that.

And while I don't particularly like Transfermarkt valuations they only value Eze at £41M too so not much more than Ramsey.

Eze is their star man, Ramsey is not even in our top 5 best players, I would argue not in our top 10 so that would make a huge difference transfer wise. Anyway, we aren't selling any first team players atm so it's all irrelevant. I was just agreeing with @VillaChris that I would swap the two if we could.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Eze is their star man, Ramsey is not even in our top 5 best players, I would argue not in our top 10 so that would make a huge difference transfer wise. Anyway, we aren't selling any first team players atm so it's all irrelevant. I was just agreeing with @VillaChris that I would swap the two if we could.

Fair enough. I don't think I would. Ramsey is 3 years younger and put up similar numbers last season. Also it's nice to keep as many good academy players as possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

60 minimum.

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

You said Ramsey would "go for" £35M though so I disagree. I'd be very disappointed if the club sold for that.

And while I don't particularly like Transfermarkt valuations they only value Eze at £41M too so not much more than Ramsey.

Transfermarkt valuations are ridiculous and just made up. They're often massively under or over inflated

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Transfermarkt valuations are ridiculous and just made up. They're often massively under or over inflated

Usually under 

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yep they value Martinez and Cash at the same price for example

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Whilst I agree with you regards the trade, I don't think Ramsey would go for more than 35mil or so and Eze would be double that.

Yeh what global. Ramsey has played over 100 prem games now. O.k he's been off it this season due to injury disruption but he finished last season playing a very high level indeed when you think of his games v Newcastle, Liverpool and Brighton on the final day when he was magnificent.

Next season he'll hopefully be a regular for us in CL and get an England call up or to so not chance he'd be under 50m in today's valuations once he gets his fitness up again.

It is worth noting he is still only 22, Eze is 26 in June.

Summer 2025 feels like when we'll have to sell a key player for FFP requirements so just feels given how strong our central midfield is that Ramsey may have to be sacrificed but of course plenty can still happen in next 18 months.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It’s probably the worst and most stupid source for “valuations”

Always ridiculously low and not even close to reality…

I think we know one of our players will be sold so we can reinvest and JJ being homegrown fits that bill sadly due to FFP. Also we’re 4th with him being out of the picture due to injury and I cannot see us being in that position if we were missing Luiz or Kamara for instance for the same period. He is a great player but also somewhat dispensable in some aspects. Don’t wanna sell him but rather him than the aforementioned. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vancvillan said:

Transfermarkt lol

Screenshot_2024-01-20-18-53-11-483-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Is that his value? Are they on mushrooms? 

Edited by calcifer

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

I think we know one of our players will be sold so we can reinvest and JJ being homegrown fits that bill sadly due to FFP. Also we’re 4th with him being out of the picture due to injury and I cannot see us being in that position if we were missing Luiz or Kamara for instance for the same period. He is a great player but also somewhat dispensable in some aspects. Don’t wanna sell him but rather him than the aforementioned. 

The flip side of this is that we do need to be aware of our Homegrown/Non-HG quota, which I imagine we are at the limit of, hence the Morgan Rogers link

To be fair they undervalue most keepers. Their most costly is 45m and they have Ederson & Alisson at 40m. Perhaps they still think keepers are worth far less than outfield players, as they were 40 years ago, as for Emi it's only Aston Villa aren't they still a selling club and wouldn't he be better off at a CL club? :rolleyes: They are not the only ones whose radar we are still flying below and he's not for sale at any price, so who cares what they price him at? 

Edited by John

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Transfermarkt is so stupid it values players higher at higher profile clubs. AWB was 5m at Palace then signs for Manure and they changed him to 50m. It's completely made up

Not that I disagree but as I alwqys understood it the value of a player contract surely comes into it.  So, a player on 2 year remaining contract and 60k a week will be worth x amount. If they are snapped by another Club and given a 5 year deal on 100k they are now obviously going to be more expensive to buy?

• Like 1

I think the 2024 exits on permanent basis would be the following.

End of Loan: Lenglet and Zaniolo (possibly he signs)

Fringe players: Sanson, Chambers, Traore, Hause, Olsen, Dendoncker

Youth Players: KKH and Iroegbunam, possibly one more. 

Regular starters: Cash, Digne

We also need to get Coutinho back out on Loan with wages covered as we have today. 

Assume this window we sign Rogers, have the new GK and the young RB. 

THis leaves us with a key RB signing ala Frimpong. We need a CDM as an alternative to Kamara. I feel we need a right footed winger (Philogene back?) and we need a new LB ideally young to compete with Moreno.

That will all be a big ask to pull off and will be a big success if we do.

4 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Fair market value for the 16th best keeper in the world.

There is another joke, 16th best keeper 🤣 I need to go look at the full list 🤣

Edit.. just looked

Onana ranked 6th 🤣🤣🤣 that's the best laugh I have had all weekend 🤣🤣

Edited by calcifer
Research
  • Haha 1