January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

4 minutes ago, dukes said:

Name one thing that this board have done that indicates they don't have the money to finance things ?

The North Stand needs redeveloping, but they get one chance to get it right, and maybe they think securing champions league football changes the needs ? 

As far as i can see there is absolutely no risk from FFP, and everybody seems to be basing this on a false declaration of losses for the 20-21 season, which was cleared up somewhere a couple of days ago in this thread.

But, why would we be choosing to not push on our current league position and get some reinforcements? It seems pretty clear that we need something to help us through, especially if the Duran stuff proves correct. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

But, why would we be choosing to not push on our current league position and get some reinforcements? It seems pretty clear that we need something to help us through, especially if the Duran stuff proves correct. 

Because of FFP. We will get punished and they know it. We are not Man City.

• Like 1

Easy - our targets aren’t available and they’re not going to buy players for the sake of it.

Or FFP. Choose one. 

😂

The media really have no clue about us… just make it up as they go along… mixed and contradictory “reports”…

this is completely different to what Ornstein stated 😆

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

@paul514 what’s this Enzo Barrenechea like? Any good? Heard he’s a juve player on loan at Frosinone - could be a perfect competition/ backup to Boubs.

his data looks like he is worth scouting.

I haven't seen him play but he looks like a ball winner, who wins them higher up the pitch than usual and a good passer.

• Thanks 1

If Ornstein says it's going to be a quiet one then I'd be inclined to believe him. He's probably the best and most reliable journo there is.

Just try and bring in a RB. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Farlz said:

If Ornstein says it's going to be a quiet one then I'd be inclined to believe him. He's probably the best and most reliable journo there is.

With him I’d treat it as he hasn’t heard of anything yet. He is reliable in my opinion but it’s not like he has the email and phone records of all the football directors in the PL 😃

44 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Only as reliable as want his sauce wants him to know / put out there … let’s just sit back relax and let’s see … 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

How do you know that the club is “choosing to not push on”? I mean, which hole have you pulled that statement from? You said yourself it’s only seven days into the window. Can we maybe leave the doomer nonsense until the 30th? 

Appreciate Dybala is injury-prone but I'd be taking a punt for £13m or whatever it is. Just absolutely class. We have pace in that position but not that level of guile. A great option to have for that amount of money.

• Like 1

I won't be surprised if we don't buy anyone. Tough market and Emery likes working with a contained squad. If we shift a couple of players we'll need to have replacement bodies though. Will wait and see.

We do have Ramsey becoming a midfield option again at least and Moreno has his fitness back. Plus we might get Buendia back for the last 2 months. Maybe Tim O can be a bench player. Or that Kellyman fella

I'm not saying doing nothing is great, just that I won't be too surprised if that's the case. If we can level up donk and bertie then great.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

How do you know that the club is “choosing to not push on”? I mean, which hole have you pulled that statement from? You said yourself it’s only seven days into the window. Can we maybe leave the doomer nonsense until the 30th? 

Well, for starters, the recent articles that people have posted over the past couple of pages… that’s what my initial comment was based on. If they are saying it’s ’going to be a quiet one’ - that to me suggests we won’t be going out to get someone in, or planning to really push on the current league position we are in. Reminds of me the window when we signed Heskey instead of a proper striker to give us that extra push into Europe. 

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

We are going to be quiet. Anybody that thinks otherwise is a bit deluded

We might sign a right back at most and a youth prospect

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Well, for starters, the recent articles that people have posted over the past couple of pages… that’s what my initial comment was based on. If they are saying it’s ’going to be a quiet one’ - that to me suggests we won’t be going out to get someone in, or planning to really push on the current league position we are in. Reminds of me the window when we signed Heskey instead of a proper striker to give us that extra push into Europe. 

Stupid and desperate teams make major signings in January. we are neither and wont be making wholesale changes

If think that prepare to be pissed off

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

We're in a perfect position to push on will be a mistake not to strengthen. The side is getting tired and you can see it last 4 games.

How do we strengthen? Teams aren't going to sell the better players to us or anybody else mid season unless they are not wanted, a contract issue or an attitude issue

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Stupid and desperate teams make major signings in January. we are neither and wont be making wholesale changes

If think that prepare to be pissed off

But we clearly have a weakness that needs addressing asap…

Edited by Tayls

But we clearly have a weakness that needs addressing asap… 

Whats that? We already have injured creative players and we wont get a better one in January than our injured ones

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

He is the most reliable on details but I also don't trust him to know what the club's strategy or finances are. Putting out that we only have limited finances is to our benefit as it makes it easy to negotiate harder.