January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

15 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Villamole1 aka thatcherlover still pretending he's a ITK in 2024. 

That is the way to be a proper ITK. You take some former press speculation and add with your own imaginary details (agent demanding move and club will settle for loan of buy back). Ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

That is the way to be a proper ITK. You take some former press speculation and add with your own imaginary details (agent demanding move and club will settle for loan of buy back). Ridiculous.

The only man who can make demands about anything Villa related is Emery. He has earned it . Jhon hasn't yet. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

It probably will suit him better as he just runs in straight lines but is not an improvement on Richarlison or Johnson

Or kulusevski

Seriously will he even play? He's not a starter imo he just adds some depth 

He wouldnt start for us either 

Really don’t know what to believe…

but a lot of “noise” around Duran which has increased today (removed all links to Villa on social media, followed Milan 🤷‍♂️)… reports from different sources that he’s unhappy/unsettled or has had some sort of disagreement with Unai…

Is Ngonge a striker or can he play CF? Assumed that was a BS link but who really knows…

Are we moving Duran on (makes little sense to me, would he get more game time at Milan? Can they afford him? No point selling unless we make a tidy profit and including clauses, what’s the point in a loan?) and replacing him with Ngonge? Or pursuing a player like Dybala?

I have no idea…

as ever, it’s hard to differentiate a lot of the BS and speculation from any form of truth these days…

I would like to keep Duran at the club, good young player with lots of potential, I like him and he has some personality/character… but if there are any issues (no idea if there are) “behind the scenes” then moves will have to be made…

I’d prefer if this was all nonsense but… I don’t know… have a word JPA…

Let’s see if he’s in the squad today or even starting…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

but a lot of “noise” around Duran which has increased today (removed all links to Villa on social media, followed Milan 🤷‍♂️)… reports from different sources that he’s unhappy/unsettled or has had some sort of disagreement with Unai…

Is Ngonge a striker or can he play CF?

Are we moving Duran on (makes little sense to me, would he get more game time at Milan? Can they afford him? No point selling unless we make a tidy profit and including clauses, what’s the point in a loan?) and replacing him with Ngonge? Or pursuing a player like Dybala?

I have no idea…

as ever, it’s hard to differentiate a lot of the BS and speculation from any form of truth these days…

I would like to keep Duran at the club, good young player with lots of potential, I like him and he has some personality/character… but if there are any issues (no idea if there are) “behind the scenes” then moves will have to be made…

Ngonge played on the right wing today for Verona against inter. Impressive performance. Maybe Emery/Monchi think he's got the tools to play as a centre forward.

Duran out, Ngonge makes sense. But I still don't believe any of the rumour.

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

Ngonge played on the right wing today for Verona against inter. Impressive performance. Maybe Emery/Monchi think he's got the tools to play as a centre forward.

I don’t know what to believe… but I’m annoyed and disappointed if there is any unrest within the squad… it shouldn’t be happening or be tolerated.

Duran’s a young lad and needs nurturing and educating… got to be patient and understanding. I really hope he’s not a disruptive personality - never appeared that way to me… as I’ve said, I like him and would like him to stick around for the future… he could eventually succeed Watkins if he develops and matures enough…

There is always a lot of speculation and shit stirring… but there’s some occasional truth too…

All we can do is wait and see really…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Do you think he’d make a better backup CF than Duran?

I haven’t seen him play at all… 

We certainly don’t need any more right sided or left footed players unless any of our existing ones are leaving…

Edited by Jas10

I checked out Summerville’s stats because he’s been mentioned a few times on here and **** me they are out of this world.

if we weren’t so stacked in that area or had loads to spend 👀

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I checked out Summerville’s stats because he’s been mentioned a few times on here and **** me they are out of this world.

if we weren’t so stacked in that area or had loads to spend 👀

They won’t sell Jimmy in Jan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whatever really I’m not going to talk about the likely hood after all we are fine in that position, his club wants promotion and I keep being told on here we don’t have room in FFP to spend a lot.

just those stats were unreal 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 13:49, useless said:

Spence wasn't recalled by Spurs, Leeds sent him back, I had a look on a Leeds forum, I was expecting the opposite, but none of them seemed to be bothered that he'd left and were saying that Farke had done the right thing, saying Spence didn't look bothered when he played. Maybe the fact that Leeds were playing a seventeen year old midfielder out of positon at righback tells us something.

When Spence puts his mind to it he can be a good player, but even at his best he isn't as good as Cash, he wasn't as good for Forest as Cash was, if you don't believe me then believe Forest fans who will say the same thing, so Spence not going to be good enough for us now.

Spence looked really impressive at Forest, but seems to have not progressed since he left them, in fact the opposite seems to have happened. Like other young players before him, a move to a London club and a wad of cash burning a hole in the pocket, doesn't seem to have helped his football progress. in In any case, even if UE thought that he could pull him round, I doubt Levy would want to do business with a club that he is probably targeting to finish above this season.  

52 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Is Ngonge a striker or can he play CF? Assumed that was a BS link but who really knows…

I have no idea…

If that is true, sounds a bit of a "fait accompli, to me.

49 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He said in the contact with Unai ......"you make me feel, mighty real"

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I googled it and some seem to think he has a 20m buyout clause 

There's a lot of nonsense going on at Leeds with most the players having ridiculous loan and buy release clauses to higher division clubs if they got relegated baked into the contracts. That's why so many of their players have gone on loan around Europe and Harrison is at Everton. £20mil release clause would not surprise me even slightly. 

Worth mentioning he's represented by Wasserman, who also represent Mings, Lenglet, Dendonker, Teddy Rowe and Bogarde. So I think we would have had plenty enough dealings with them that they would perhaps flag the release clause of a player to us. 

They do represent loads of people throughout Europe though so I wouldn't say Villa is a particular stronghold for the agency, just that there are definite and recent connections. 

Not too fussed either way about Duran, I'd rather not lose him but a lot of the fee we were paying was performance-based I believe. If we can get around having to pay that and make a profit on him in 12 months might be worth wishing him good luck and putting faith in other academy prospects, and getting a more senior backup for Watkins.