Weekends Football 25/27 August

andykeenan

It would be hilarious if Spurs had a really good season and won a trophy without Kane. When someone gets such special treatment as he was getting there it’s never a good thing. It’s probably the same at England. It’s built too much around him.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

**** off small heath, when are these words removed going to revert to type?

They seem to do this every year. Start strong, collapse, have a mid-season rally, then collapse again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Nah, they might get a competent manager in.

This guy won them the first trophy in 5 years and got them into the Champions League. He is 2nd best manager they had after Fergie left

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

They seem to do this every year. Start strong, collapse, have a mid-season rally, then collapse again.

I hava a feeling this wont happen this year with the takeover. Vibes are positive now not doom and gloom. The takeover has given them a new lease of life ffs

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I presume that Maddison will now be starting games for England as he's joined Spurs?

Good to see the whole sport rescued by Postecoglou; he invented entertainment dontcha know?

He was getting all sorts of disrespect before he joined. Just because he is Australian and moved from the Scottish league. I’m loving it that he’s proving the doubters wrong. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This guy won them the first trophy in 5 years and got them into the Champions League. He is 2nd best manager they had after Fergie left

He seems very much like Emery apart from 5 key things. He has zero personality   zero compassion zero ability to bring a player in at the right price zero ability to spot a good player and zero ability to change things up. Other than that v similar as he can win stuff 

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

He seems very much like Emery apart from 5 key things. He has zero personality   zero compassion zero ability to bring a player in at the right price zero ability to spot a good player and zero ability to change things up. Other than that v similar as he can win stuff 

United problems are way deeper, i doubt he is picking the prices for players as well

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has spend way over 400 million in the last 3 seasons while making back just over 80 million in transfers

Now do klopp, pep, whoever Chelseas manager was etc etc including Howe and Emery... Everyone spends money

The idea that he's a chequebook manager would suggest that he's solved arsenal's problems just by spending money and that's not the case, it's unfair on him

Edit - I'd also guess that 400m figure includea this summers spending? So what you're actually saying is he tuenes arsenal around got 2nd and should have won the league by spending just £200m? That's not chequebook

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

Â