Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fine. But based on performances alone, do you want him here next season for £30m?

All the people telling me he needs time and he’s playing well lately can’t seem to come out and say we should sign him? 

Give us a list of who's better for that price.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, fine.

So shall we buy him for £30m or not then?

A couple of months ago people were fretting over his injury record and now it because he's not settled quick enough. 

How about we just give him until the end of the season and see how he goes before flapping gums about how crap he is. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The guy did both ACLs. Played a handful of games in Turkey last season and didn't have any pre season this year. Then cam3 to the best league in the world and has played in a variety of positions. 

It shows do you not think? He looks like a lame horse a lot of the time. Not a clue if a permanent weakening or he's still not trusting his own body.

There's something there, no doubt. Need more before we spend the money on him IMO. If he was a free or a £7.5m punt, I'd be much more interested in rolling the dice. Risk is too big currently.

I will say that similar to Bailey actually, whenever we hear from him he speaks very well and seems to have a determined attitude. I like that. I also like his silly Hugh Grant hair and that he's a 6' 4" goliath.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, fine.

So shall we buy him for £30m or not then?

I think the amount quoted to buy him was around half of that and yes, I would pay that for him.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, John said:

I think the amount quoted to buy him was around half of that and yes, I would pay that for him.  

27million euro.... So around 23 million quid.

Sheff Utd signed Archer for 18m

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Thanks 1

I’d sign him (FFP dependent). I’ve seen enough to think there is a real player there - I wouldn’t do it if it compromised upgrading to the best right back we can get, as we do have other options in that attacking role and we do have players like Buendia coming back. But if we can make it work, I think he’s a real asset.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't get why some are so desperate to kick players like this. 

No desperation, just giving opinion.

There was bit of a spark early on and he's been pants since. So right now, I hope we don't buy him for £25m, taking the total over £30m.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No desperation, just giving opinion.

There was bit of a spark early on and he's been pants since. So right now, I hope we don't buy him for £25m, taking the total over £30m.

Not saying you by the way. But there's clearly some who some eager to just hammer the guy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not saying you by the way. But there's clearly some who some eager to just hammer the guy. 

I really think a lot the criticism has been on his numbers output, which to be fair had been non existent before his two goals in Dec.

The problem too, and it sounds weird to say, but he is playing alongside some of the best players in Europe now across the first half of the season, Bailey, Watkins etc. It's difficult to break into the Premier league and break above some of our current first team

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

It shows in that he's on the villa bench. This guy was heading towards the very top before those injuries. 

I think he looks strong and fast. I don't think physically there looks anything wrong with him. 

I think he looks off the pace and struggling to get to grips with the prem. 

I think Ramsay has looked awful coming back from his injury. Diaby has struggled big time at times this season. I'm not surprised Zaniolo isn't the perfect player just yet. I also think we've forgotten his involvement in those early games. He contributed and was incredibly unlucky to not have a few goals to his name. 

He's also had a very serious issue hanging over his head which saw another player banned for the year. 

I don't get why some are so desperate to kick players like this. 

To be honest because there is still a chance to not pay the required amount which leaves us more cash to invest elsewhere. I was ok with his performances earlier the season and expected more from him, I still think he can be good. Wether he’s good for how we play? I’m not sure. 
For me I’m in a point where I don’t mind him staying to the end of the season, but also I don’t want to be forced buying him permanently. 

A decision on signing him will come down to 2 things id imagine.

Can he show improvement and start to make more of a contribution to goals and assists for the rest of the season.

How well Buendia recovers might be the other deciding factor !

11 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Can he show improvement and start to make more of a contribution to goals and assists for the rest of the season.

He's got 2 goals in his last 3 appearances, 2 from the bench, one being the Utd game when everybody was poor well before he entered the fray. 

Considering he's had much better games earlier and been unlucky, he's showing more end product with the limited minutes he's had recently. 

11 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

He's got 2 goals in his last 3 appearances, 2 from the bench, one being the Utd game when everybody was poor well before he entered the fray. 

Considering he's had much better games earlier and been unlucky, he's showing more end product with the limited minutes he's had recently. 

Won’t stop rooting for this kid, got two crucial goals for us recently… hope he can kick on and stake a claim for a spot in the team… not a winger, should be up there with Ollie imo.

• Like 1

Â