Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

On 18/09/2023 at 17:22, Taxahunter said:

He couldn't be further away from looking anything like Christian Eriksen. CE has never had the speed to be able to carry the ball forward. CE has his vision, his passing ranges and a decent shot.

Are you being serious? Maybe you have forgotten how Eriksen was in his younger days at Spurs. Eriksen wasn’t fast but he sure as hell could carry the ball forward in short bursts. Although that is one thing Zaniolo does better, im hoping he has as good of a vision and pass as Eriksen. Even the nutmeg Zaniolo did at the weekend was textbook Eriksen. If Zaniolo turned out as good as Eriksen was we would be lucky to have that calibre of a player. 

Edited by Shay

He is a bit of a head-down-and-run type player with the ball currently. Hopefully that's something that can be coached out of him with time. Once he has a better understanding of his role in the system then I think we will see him contributing significantly. To use Bailey as a comparison, last season I thought he was one of the few players who didn't flourish under Emery and was still trying to do too much on his own. But in his last few performances I think he's shown a better awareness of what's happening on the pitch and made the right decision on more occasions. 

5 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

I'm serious and I'm danish, so I have been following CE both for Ajax, Spurs, Inter AND the national team. CE has never been a ball carrier because he has never had the speed even when he was younger...

Agreed. Zaniolo doesn't remind me of Eriksen at all.

8 hours ago, Shay said:

Are you being serious? Maybe you have forgotten how Eriksen was in his younger days at Spurs. Eriksen wasn’t fast but he sure as hell could carry the ball forward in short bursts. Although that is one thing Zaniolo does better, im hoping he has as good of a vision and pass as Eriksen. Even the nutmeg Zaniolo did at the weekend was textbook Eriksen. If Zaniolo turned out as good as Eriksen was we would be lucky to have that calibre of a player. 

Sorry but Erikksen has never had the size, power, speed, and ball carrying abilty Zaniolo has. Similarly Zaniolo hasn't shown the passing, awareness, and intelligence Erikksen has. Very different players. One is an excellent footballIng iq with fine passing and touch. The other is a buccaneering powerhouse, with the abilty to dribble, link thinks up and finish.

• Like 2

Seems pleased to be here, grateful even. Plays with enthusiasm and with a smile on his face. Shows for the ball and tries to make things happen, to the point of being over eager to impress and make a mark, its like he is trying to make up for lost time.

I like him a lot, he is super exciting with a high ceiling, he's also a big lump and when coupling this with mobility is daunting. I can excuse what is being perceived as greed - he was keen to impress on (1) his debut and (2) his first home game. New team mates, new patterns of play, different movement, a new country and league. Unai and his guys will work on him and I see him making a difference and playing a big part, he is someone who has a moment of magic in him. He just needs game time and I think he will excel.

Edited by thunderball

48 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Seems pleased to be here, grateful even. Plays with enthusiasm and with a smile on his face. Shows for the ball and tries to make things happen, to the point of being over eager to impress and make a mark, its like he is trying to make up for lost time.

I like him a lot, he is super exciting with a high ceiling, he's also a big lump and when coupling this with mobility is daunting. I can excuse what is being perceived as greed - he was keen to impress on (1) his debut and (2) his first home game. New team mates, new patterns of play, different movement, a new country and league. Unai and his guys will work on him and I see him making a difference and playing a big part, he is someone who has a moment of magic in him. He just needs game time and I think he will excel.

He reminds me of Grealish in regards to his natural enthusiasm for the game. And I also believe they are both players who need a bit of love and appreciation to get the best out of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Often forget he has actually already won the conference League with Roma.

We've brought in European experience strategically as well 

Hat-trick in the semi final (worth a watch if you haven't seen it) and the winner in the final.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I think he is going to be a really good player for us - I’m sure it’s just a small matter of time before he is a nailed on starter.

Not sure anyone is going to be a nailed on starter this season. Unai is spreading the minutes throughout the squad so players will need to get used to this. Hopefully come the end of winter and into spring 2024 we are reaping the rewards.

• Like 1

Zaniolo was one of the few bright sparks for me tonight. Thunderbastard of a shot that led to the first goal. You can see that he definitely has something about him. Wasn't a perfect performance by any means, but provided one of our few attacking threats.

• Like 2

Â