Christmas 2023

sidcow

It's Christmas Eve so it will be a trip to Asda for ice, then watch Raccoons Christmas and Frosty The Snowman before going through the Christmas eve giving of pyjamas ritual. Tonight as ever it's Chinese food.

On a different note yesterday I learned that my 7 year old grandsons best mate has Santa spoiled for him, and as he is a little shit this potentially might be the last year Father Christmas is believed in. 

• Like 2

Just now, mjmooney said:

I've often wondered who buys ice. 

You do know you can make it from water? 

I thought that would be what gets comments. Convenience more than anything. Can throw it in the chest freezer and not worry about the tray spilling. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Let's play that ever-favourite VT party game - "Lazy or Convenient?" 

First up is @Seat68 with 'buying readymade ice'... 

Let me make the argument for convenience. I only have a chest freezer. It's full and uneven, an ice tray would not sit well in there and we as a family get through a bag of ice 1kg in just over a week. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Let me make the argument for convenience. I only have a chest freezer. It's full and uneven, an ice tray would not sit well in there and we as a family get through a bag of ice 1kg in just over a week. 

Yeah I'm with seat

If I'm having a night on the rum I can't use an ice tray and make my own, I'd need 5 or 6 trays which then wouldn't be used for another 6 months 

The bag is just easier 

If I was putting 2 cubes in a glass of coke every day it would be different - but who does that? 

• Like 3

Broke a tooth yesterday, **** typical. Will have to see if I can get in at our dentist on Wednesday, will have to eat very slowly (something I find almost impossible).

Still, at least I can drink

spacer.png

• Sad 1

We have three ice trays. Strongly recommend the Lekue Industrial Ice Tray.

We've utterly screwed our non alcoholic drinks. I'm buying French and Polish stuff now and will have three or four ice cubes in a pint.

• Like 1

Part of our Christmas tradition is we always commission an erotic ice sculpture centrepiece.

We just break bits off when we need some ice.

Leaves room in the freezer, avoids being tagged as lazy sub human scum, and it’s a talking point when the relatives pop in.

• Haha 3