Conference League Thread 2023/4

Demitri_C

On 08/08/2023 at 12:44, Demitri_C said:

Some of the arrogance of our fans on social media syaing we should win with ease with whichever team wins

God its very arrogant and disrespectful to these sides. Did people not learn anything from stevange? Nothing is guranteed 

Tells you all you need to know about the kind of mutants that frequent such platforms.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2023 at 20:06, newhavenhibby said:

Obviously if a small miracle does happen I will post some info for supporters coming up for the game. Easter Road holds just over 20,000 so Villa fans should get at least 1000 based on the UEFA 5% rule.

Good luck to Villa whoever they end up playing

What's Easter Road going to do with the other 19,000 tickets?

200w.webp

• Haha 2

He's a bit of a lad from his off field attire to his hair cuts!!  However I think most players are judged on not what they look like but on how they play.  Unfortunately for him he was used only as a sub for most of his Hibs appearances often being brought on when we were losing and not playing well. I think his first start was at Celtic park where our manager played him wide left instead of on the right.🫡  Towards the end of last season he was unlucky not to score which would have done his confidence no end of good.

We used to have a player who was similar in his off field antics, Jason Cummings, but because he scored many goals the fans loved him.  Harry just needed a goal or two.

15 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I hadn’t realised he wasn’t popular. Has he acted like a word removed during his time with you? 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What's Easter Road going to do with the other 19,000 tickets?

200w.webp

It will be 18998 to get rid of as we will be there.🙃😀

Plenty of tickets left for tonights game if anybody fancies a trip up?       Nah.....watch it on BBC i player 😀

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

It will be 18998 to get rid of as we will be there.🙃😀

Plenty of tickets left for tonights game if anybody fancies a trip up?       Nah.....watch it on BBC i player 😀

Good luck tonight! 🤞

• Thanks 1

I share Newhaven’s view that we are unlikely to be Villa’s opponents in the next round.  Tonight’s match may still be of interest to Villans though.  First, Martin Boyle is genuinely rapid, and when SJM was here provided an excellent outlet for long balls clipped over the defence. I am hoping Diaby will give SJM a similar option now at Villa.  Second, in the unlikely event Hibs do get through, watch out for Boyler racing past Villa’s advancing, high defensive line! 

GGTTH

UTV

(See you behind the goals!)

• Like 3

I don't think we've got much to fear from either side.  Luzern probably edging it but not by much.   Also: Adam Le Fondre, there's a name I'd not heard in a while. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Lovely goal to be fair

Nice finish but Luzern were all over the place at the back.  The left back had some kind of brain fart and nearly fell over under barely any pressure and from that moment on Luzern were playing with fire.  

Â