Conference League Thread 2023/4

Demitri_C

Wanted to put this in the villa topic but it's mysteriously closed...

Luzern gives us a nice away trip. Hibs gives McGinn a bit of homecoming. Both should be very beatable and let us rotate the squad options over the two legs. Be happy whoever wins that qualifier.

Anyone know if TNT are showing any of the qualifiers?

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Wanted to put this in the villa topic but it's myateriously closed...

Luzern gives us a nice away trip. Hibs gives McGinn a bit of homecoming. Both should be very beatable and let us rotate the squad options over the two legs. Be happy whoever wins that qualifier.

Anyone know if TNT are showing any of the qualifiers?

I had a look to see if hibs vs luzern is on tv unfortunately it isnt inly on hibs tv. I might try catch it on my stick if possible as id like tk see how good luzern are.

There are some tasty games this week in the cup

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I had a look to see if hibs vs luzern is on tv unfortunately it isnt inly on hibs tv. I might try catch it on my stick if possible as id like tk see how good luzern are.

It's on SRF Zwei / Play in Switzerland

• Thanks 2

Just now, fightoffyour said:

It's on SRF Zwei / Play in Switzerland

Thanks FOY

Ill see if i get the swiss channels. Be interesting to see how hibs do as well. I mean losing to an Andorrian team is humiliation even if they did batter them 2nd leg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks FOY

Ill see if i get the swiss channels. Be interesting to see how hibs do as well. I mean losing to an Andorrian team is humiliation even if they did batter them 2nd leg

This for me is the best site to find coverage details by the way:

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4742622/hibernian-vs-luzern/

Hibernian - Luzern International Coverage

Verified International TV Listings by country for this match
Switzerland SRF Play, SRF zwei

• Thanks 1

I think hibs might suprise luzern well at homw anyway. They will be desperate to win the game and set up a england vs scotland show down. It would be quite a occasion. A friendly rivalry. I want hibs to be honest

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Both legs of Hibs' last round were shown on BBC Scotland. Looks like this wasn't announced until the day before the first leg. So I guess possible BBC could pick up these games as well.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I want Luzern. Have been dreaming about Villa playing in Switzerland since the MON era. Standing in the away end in my home country would be brilliant. Also, it's only a one hour drive... 😁

Yeah from your point of view makes massive sense as uts your home country.  Ive never been Switzerland but it looks like a lovely place.will definitely go one day.

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah from your point of view makes massive sense as uts your home country.  Ive never been Switzerland but it looks like a lovely place.will definitely go one day.

Consider taking a second mortgage out on your house before you go. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Consider taking a second mortgage out on your house before you go. 

Also looking forward to go sometime. Fortunately I was once given 20 Swiss Francs by a friend to pay for something here. I bet that's worth about 20 Swiss Francs now.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Also looking forward to go sometime. Fortunately I was once given 20 Swiss Francs by a friend to pay for something here. I bet that's worth about 20 Swiss Francs now.

It's actually pretty nice, if a bit boring and clean. But christ is it expensive. When the wife and I were in Zurich (back when Villa were in the Championship) I somehow managed to find a pub showing us playing. We had a meal, my wife had one drink and I had three pints. It was about 130 euros. 

• Shocked 2

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's actually pretty nice, if a bit boring and clean. But christ is it expensive. When the wife and I were in Zurich (back when Villa were in the Championship) I somehow managed to find a pub showing us playing. We had a meal, my wife had one drink and I had three pints. It was about 130 euros. 

Ok i think Switzerland is a miss for me then 😂

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Hope we at least won 😂

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Avoid shops/restaurants around airports, train stations, ski resorts and other touristy areas and it's much cheaper than people expect. Also, drink before you arrive at the pub and only drink there to stay in the sweet spot 😆.

Drinks on me if we end up in Luzern. 🍻

• Like 2

Â