Not a sight for sore eyes (bad injuries)

Tom13

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Had to start this as this is probably the worst 'freak' injury I've ever seen.

Warning before you watch: This really is a horrible one.

OOft, that's a bad one. Reminds me a bit of Jimmy Bullard's, but the momentum of the guy above makes it worse.

Is it a "freak" unjury though? Marcello stamps on him. It's exactly why those kind of challenges are now red cards

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Had to start this as this is probably the worst 'freak' injury I've ever seen.

Warning before you watch: This really is a horrible one.

That's gonna sting in the morning. 

Feel for both players here tbh. Terrible, possibly life altering injury obvs, but I don't think it's a deliberate stamp, and Marcelo has also got to live with causing that.

Just a freak incident.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

OOft, that's a bad one. Reminds me a bit of Jimmy Bullard's, but the momentum of the guy above makes it worse.

Is it a "freak" unjury though? Marcello stamps on him. It's exactly why those kind of challenges are now red cards

You're right. I didn't pick that up initially. I think it's still a bit of a 'freak' though.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You're right. I didn't pick that up initially. I think it's still a bit of a 'freak' though.

It's a freak in so much as you wouldn't expect the injury to be quite so bad I guess.

But Marcelo seems to be getting a lot of sympathy online. Looks a deliberate stamp to me. Nasty challenge

29 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Ugh, that is grim.

The aptly named David Busst is still king though.

He used to live down my road in Solihull. I remember him in his wheelchair picking his kids up from school long after he sustained the injury. He was never to play again. 

Edited by villarule123
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a freak in so much as you wouldn't expect the injury to be quite so bad I guess.

But Marcelo seems to be getting a lot of sympathy online. Looks a deliberate stamp to me. Nasty challenge

Agreed, he clearly didn't mean or expect to break the guys leg, but did look like Marcelo was putting his foot there for no logical reason other than to block the player and either try to win a free kick or commit a foul.. if he'd played with his normal momentum his foot wouldn't have been landing where it was I don't think. 

Guess its easy to say viewing a slow motion replay... maybe I'm being harsh

Edited by MrBlack

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Guess its easy to say viewing a slow motion replay... maybe I'm being harsh

It’s very easy to say when you’re sitting judging him from the comfort of the internet.  It was a poorly timed tackle from Sanchez that caused the entire incident in the first place, at worst you can accuse Marcelo of not getting out of the way of a late lunge safely enough in the quarter of a second he had to think about it but there’s no way at all he set out to injure an opponent. 

• Like 1

Â