Aston Villa 150th Anniversary

Villa 59

2024 is the 150 year anniversary of our great club

As yet, I haven't heard anything about celebrating this great milestone in our history. Does anyone know or have heard of any plans to commemorate this occasion? How would the fans like to mark the event as we surely are?

For me, the ideal scenario would be to win the FA Cup. it's the only thing I haven't witnessed in my 63 years as  a supporter. Although I was alive in 1957 I was too young to remember anything about it.

Watch your wish for 2024 and do you think the club should be doing to celebrate the occasion?

10 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

2024 is the 150 year anniversary of our great club

As yet, I haven't heard anything about celebrating this great milestone in our history. Does anyone know or have heard of any plans to commemorate this occasion? How would the fans like to mark the event as we surely are?

For me, the ideal scenario would be to win the FA Cup. it's the only thing I haven't witnessed in my 63 years as  a supporter. Although I was alive in 1957 I was too young to remember anything about it.

Watch your wish for 2024 and do you think the club should be doing to celebrate the occasion?

Win the league.  Seems fitting.

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Finalise what our club badge is going to be.

A one off kit based on our first ever to be worn on the game closest to the anniversary.

That's a good suggestion 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have a feeling we might get a one-off 150th anniversary badge for the season.

Blimey that would presumably be four badges in four years.

AVFC badge from last season, the new round one for this season, the 150th badge for next season and then presumably a brand spanking new one for the season after that.

As for the 150th anniversary, I don’t know. I’d be tempted to buy some sort of memorabilia keepsake that marks the occasion.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
Â