Aston Villa 150th Anniversary

Villa 59

Have to say that I thought the Honorary Anniversary Board announcement was very good.  Some excellent names on the list - a good blend of administrators, players and fans.  A good mix of the ages with players from different eras too.  Hopefully, it is a good sign that there will be some really good events planned through the year.

6 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

1874/75 was our first season which makes 2023/24 our 150th season, at the end of which we will be 150 years old.  Just in case anyone from the club reads these pages. 

I was born in 1988 so I'm in my 36th year of life and I've lived in 37 years.  Doesn't change the fact I'm 35.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

I was born in 1988 so I'm in my 36th year of life and I've lived in 37 years.  Doesn't change the fact I'm 35.

You agree then that 2024/25 is not the club’s 150th season but its 151st?

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

You agree then that 2024/25 is not the club’s 150th season but its 151st?

Did we just carry on playing through the 1st and 2nd world wars?

We didn't......

The club is 150 years old. The season that begins in 2024 has been designated as the anniversary season.

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Glad to see you’re still bravely clinging to you youth mate. I’ll be only 61 on my next birthday in March which whilst that makes me slightly older than your good self I’m pretty sure I’m still much, much younger than @TRO 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Glad to see you’re still bravely clinging to you youth mate. I’ll be only 61 on my next birthday in March which whilst that makes me slightly older than your good self I’m pretty sure I’m still much, much younger than @TRO 😂

73 on the 28th Feb......and Villa on form, makes me feel 33......off form ( sheff Utd) 93

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, TRO said:

73 on the 28th Feb......and Villa on form, make me feel 33......off form ( sheff Utd) 93

Spot on I hope you’ll be feeling 16 by the end of the season!!! Stay happy, be lucky and most of all be healthy mate!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Spot on I hope you’ll be feeling 16 by the end of the season!!! Stay happy, be lucky and most of all be healthy mate!!

you too.

48 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

This is probably worth investing in for most of us history nerds!

I have only recently bought Robs "Aston Villa - The complete Record" so I would imagine much has been duplictaed from that.....but that is a good book too.

Â