Judge Mental's Sexism and Misogyny Topic

bannedfromHandV

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

No, it wasn't for thinking the dress was inappropriate. If you'd just said the dress was inappropriate I doubt you'd have had the same level of response. 

But you keep convincing yourself that's all it was. 

Another side step

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I don’t suppose many people have wanked over Barry from Newcastle’s tits , so I guess in simple terms topless men hasn’t been sexualised in the same way as topless women have 

Desperate times, desperate measures! 

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

I thought the the dress was inappropriate

See I don’t even get why it was inappropriate, it was the GQ awards, there are plenty of women who have attended awards shows from the Oscars downwards in similar attire. The outfits are often lent to them by the designers, hell sometimes they might even get paid to wear them. It’s exactly at such “red carpet” events that such items are worn.

I'm not going to post the images here, cos VT guidelines but history is littered with hundreds and thousands of women who have worn similarly revealing outfits to awards ceremonies.

I think you have to ask yourself why you were so aggrieved by this instance and seemingly not the others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

See I don’t even get why it was inappropriate, it was the GQ awards, there are plenty of women who have attended awards shows from the Oscars downwards in similar attire. The outfits are often lent to them by the designers, hell sometimes they might even get paid to wear them. It’s exactly at such “red carpet” events that such items are worn.

I'm not going to post the images here, cos VT guidelines but history is littered with hundreds and thousands of women who have worn similarly revealing outfits to awards ceremonies.

I think you have to ask yourself why you were so aggrieved by this instance and seemingly not the others.

Aggrieved is not the word I would use to describe my reaction, as I said I thought it was inappropriate, and I also think that about all public nudity (except in designated areas like beaches). It is not because I have an aversion to the female body, but because they are forcing people to see that nudity. Would you be happy if you were having a meal with your wife and kids in a restaurant, and the waiter got his cock out to take your order?

Thank you for answering my previous question, about posting the picture. Some people do find it inappropriate, and that does not make them Andrew Tate.

The other question is a bit more difficult to answer honestly, without appearing a complete hypocrite 😁 but the silence does speak volumes.

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

From me or you? 

I've been consistent in this thread, you don't seem to be.

Oh come on my friend, you have proved yourself to be brave and a man of integrity by calling a complete stranger Andrew Tate? from behind your keyboard. Surely answering those two questions would be a walk in the park.

Just now, luckyeddie said:

Aggrieved is not the word I would use to describe my reaction, as I said I thought it was inappropriate, and I also think that about all public nudity (except in designated areas like beaches). It is not because I have an aversion to the female body, but because they are forcing people to see that nudity. Would you be happy if you were having a meal with your wife and kids in a restaurant, and the waiter got his cock out to take your order?

Thank you for answering my previous question, about posting the picture. Some people do find it inappropriate, and that does not make them Andrew Tate.

The other question is a bit more difficult to answer honestly, without appearing a complete hypocrite 😁 but the silence does speak volumes.

Well it’s not nudity is it, she wearing something. It’s something revealing but does the same apply to a female walking around in a tight top that shows her shape? What difference does it make on a beach? Why is it acceptable there and nowhere else?

No one is forcing you to look at anything either

Would it bother me if a waiter got his cock out whilst serving me, well yes obviously it would, there’s a hygiene issue for starters. That is a situation where inappropriate would be the correct choice of word.

Just now, bickster said:

Well it’s not nudity is it, she wearing something. It’s something revealing but does the same apply to a female walking around in a tight top that shows her shape? What difference does it make on a beach? Why is it acceptable there and nowhere else?

No one is forcing you to look at anything either

Would it bother me if a waiter got his cock out whilst serving me, well yes obviously it would, there’s a hygiene issue for starters. That is a situation where inappropriate would be the correct choice of word.

I think we agreed that there is a line of inappropriateness, I just think we disagree on where it is. I am old fashioned on certain aspects.

29 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Oh come on my friend, you have proved yourself to be brave and a man of integrity by calling a complete stranger Andrew Tate? from behind your keyboard. Surely answering those two questions would be a walk in the park.

I don't need to debate with toxic Andrew Tate types. 

I'm glad you've now come around from those early ridiculous views and no just seem annoyed about a dress. Still odd but better. 

21 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

I think we agreed that there is a line of inappropriateness, I just think we disagree on where it is. I am old fashioned on certain aspects.

Yes, your toxic views on women are certainly old fashioned. 

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is demonstrably nonsense. Images of women and their breasts as an erotic motif have been present in paintings since at least the Renaissance period

To know that would require you to know how tits were percieved at the time of Renaissance, but I would never doubt your omniscience.

Desmond Morris had an entirely different theory about tits, as he opined in his book The Naked Ape.

He conjectured that tits were an evolutionary step to encourage pair-bonding, in that it encouraged face to face mating; an advantage to any species where there is a long period of dependency of the off-spring.

It seems that the twin globes of both arses and a goodly pair of norks, trigger strong mating signals in the male of the species, which may induce eyes to go out on stalks and trigger salivation.

He claimed that humans were the only species in which tits kept their protuberant shape once the period of lactation was over.

This might explain why arses seem to alternatively compete with tits, as erotic obsessions - the bustle didn't go out of fashion until WW1.

Vince Packard might be forgiven for his error, as he wrote his book in 1957, a period when Hollywood seemed to have made a fetish of big tits, and Jane Russell comes to mind in The Outlaw 1943.

Looking at Rubens' Venus In The Mirror (1613-14), can we conclude that he loved big female arses?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think its a genuine question to ask by way of putting forward circumstantial evidence? Why are those VT rules there? They are there to prevent inappropriate images and images that might offend posters and advertisers.  We all know the picture would break VT guidelines.  Is this site therefore henious and sexist for not allowing her image that she wanted to project? 

I'm not for or against this but I think it's a good question to ask when establishing the acceptably or not of such an outfit. 

At the end of the day if it was unquestionably OK to post it on here and not get a warning this discussion would not even be happening. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Risso said:

I'd say it's a bit much, but as Bicks says, it's a fashion awards show and dresses like have been worn loads of times at fashion shows and film awards etc, so I guess setting and context does come into play. So no, you wouldn't expect to see something like that while you're tucking into your steak in a restaurant, but then you're not likely to. In a similar way, you're not going to see a middle aged man in a leopard print thong walking down the high street, but you might if you go on holiday to Spain with Bicks.

Context does come into it but I still question if she'd had just turned up completely topless would she have been let in? I can't separate being completely topless from wearing a totally see through fabric that leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination. 

Flipping the waiter context here. I wouldn't be happy if Harry Styles had turned up at the GQ wearing a completely see through codpiece with his dick very clearly on show. 

If he'd done that I think there would be a far far bigger outcry. That would surely be worse double standards? One rule for the ladies and one rule for the men? 

Has something like that ever happened? I don't mean a profile of the member being clear to see, I mean totally see through. 

Edited by sidcow

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't need to debate with toxic Andrew Tate types. 

I'm glad you've now come around from those early ridiculous views and no just seem annoyed about a dress. Still odd but better. 

Side step 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Side step 

Just a reminder. Because of a dress she wore, you insulted her, said she had no brains and said she shouldn't be taken seriously in her chosen profession. That she could only further her career by exploiting men's sexual desires. 

This was after agreeing with someone who said that she should have been in trouble with her employer. 

Just for reference now it looks like you're trying to claim you just thought the dress was inappropriate 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This is demonstrably nonsense. Images of women and their breasts as an erotic motif have been present in paintings since at least the Renaissance period

That was Erotic Motif with Renaissance Breasts... 

p05d6znz.thumb.jpg.0616646faff58a246dd77cbe2c3c1174.jpg

• Haha 3

Â