Judge Mental's Sexism and Misogyny Topic

bannedfromHandV

13 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Just seen what Alex Scott wore to the GQ awards 😂

Surely the BBC need to reprimand her for it? I don't see how these females presenters can waffle on about equality and men being sexist towards female pundits, then walk around like that?! 

genuine question, but if she got papped topless on a beach in the south of france for example, do you think she should be repremanded for that?

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

genuine question, but if she got papped topless on a beach in the south of france for example, do you think she should be repremanded for that?

That's totally different. 

She has turned up to an awards ceremony and made a conscious decision to dress how she has. 

She knew they'd be a massive media spotlight on that event. 

Paparazzi are scum of the earth and what you do in your 'off time' should be your business without fear that some weirdo with a camera has managed to track you down and photograph you (though most of the celebs actually inform the press so they can't complain). 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Straight up the most sexist comment I have seen on this site. You have asked for a woman to be reprimanded by her employer for wearing an outfit on a night out that you have deemed indecent.

That is some Sharia law, morality police bs. You are 100% entitled to have your opinion on her fashion choices, but wanting her to be punished for wearing something you deem too revealing is the definition of sexist. It is how in some countries women end up having to wear head scarves or the burka. 

The policing of women's clothes is one of the most common forms of oppression and one of the main causes of harassment globally. Amnesty international have a paper called:

Women’s right to choose their dress, free of coercion

I'm going to quote a bit of it here, you can decide for yourself if you have fallen foul of any of it.

Amnesty international

I'll turn up with some see through boxer shorts to my job on Monday and see how that goes down with my employer. 

Quoting amnesty International ffs 😂😂

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Well the fact you've chosen to get angry about a dress and rip this person to shreds because of it on a public forum shows the kind of person you are. 

Hence my comparison to the toxic views shared by Andrew Tate. 

God this andrew tate nonsense its so childish 

• Like 1

She is a adult she can wear what she wants up to her. But at same time if people talk about it and have negative reactions she cabt complain as you can literally see everything 

I certainly wouldnt want my wife or daughter wearing anything like that. But each to their own

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

That's totally different. 

She has turned up to an awards ceremony and made a conscious decision to dress how she has. 

She knew they'd be a massive media spotlight on that event. 

Paparazzi are scum of the earth and what you do in your 'off time' should be your business without fear that some weirdo with a camera has managed to track you down and photograph you (though most of the celebs actually inform the press so they can't complain). 

so you stand by that BBC should repremand her for it? i'm not saying there wouldn't be more focus on an event vs a holiday she's on, because obviously there would be, but i don't see any reason to be repremanded for it

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

She is a adult she can wear what she wants up to her. But at same time if people talk about it and have negative reactions she cabt complain as you can literally see everything 

I certainly wouldnt want my wife or daughter wearing anything like that. But each to their own

People can have a negative opinion on her dress. No one is arguing that. 

I suggest you read what's actually been said. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

People can have a negative opinion on her dress. No one is arguing that. 

I suggest you read what's actually been said. 

Im not talking about anyone in specific in this thread, generally speaking as whole jonah

20 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'll turn up with some see through boxer shorts to my job on Monday and see how that goes down with my employer. 

well if that violates the company's dress code then imagine not too well

but she's not turned up to present match of the day in that dress, nor was it an awards do that has any affiliation with the BBC (to my knowledge)

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think it's great as men we can still tell a woman what she can wear and also tell her how we feel about what she's wearing. I don't think we should live in a world where we can't do that. Where we can't tell her that she is wrong to wear what she wants. I do not look forward to a time when me and my fellow alphas have our god given right to be offended by clothes taken away from us. 

Dont turn it into thats it just men tell women what to wear when women do the same with men.

Thats not a man thing only thats a controlling personality of all genders

Edited by Demitri_C

29 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Was she turning up to her job?

You seem to be struggling to separate her on a night out and her working. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont turn it into thats it just men tell women what to wear when women do the same with men.

Thats not a man thing only thats a controlling personality 

There's not a thread on here full of women telling men what's acceptable to wear. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

She wasnt working at this awards gala

If you turned up to the pub in a pair of boxers nobody would want you sacked Monday morning

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Was she at work?

You should probably give that outfit a go, then everyone would be clearly able to see youre nuts.

• Haha 4

Â