The 2023-24 (Finn Azaz) Loan Thread

Hornso

Stockport saying they hope to have Barry back in full training between the start and middle of next month, I imagine it will take him a few weeks to get up to speed, but should give him the chance of getting a decent amount of game time before the season ends if everything goes well

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 15/02/2024 at 00:34, Hornso said:

Lino Sousa (Plymouth Argyle) 15th/24th [Championship]
Home to Coventry (2-2) - Substituted in the 60th minute [1-0]. 49 touches, 87% pass accuracy, 1 shot blocked, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.98 / Sofascore.com rating of 7.2.

Went to shit for the Argys after Lino went off didn't it

• Like 2

That Dylan Mitchell one is odd - he's an 18 year old who I don't think has ever played in our U21's and wasn't by any means an U18 regular - weird to see a loan for a player in that position. I wonder what tha circumstances are?

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That Dylan Mitchell one is odd - he's an 18 year old who I don't think has ever played in our U21's and wasn't by any means an U18 regular - weird to see a loan for a player in that position. I wonder what tha circumstances are?

Luckily we have a handy U21 checker ;) (here). It seems he did play 3 times for us last season. Off the bench in a league defeat to Southampton and off the bench twice in defeats to Peterborough & Brentford in the Premier League Cup. Still an odd one though, no doubt.

• Like 1

The only time I have seen Dylan Mitchell play was away at Alvechurch in the Birmingham Senior Cup last season.  He came on as sub and played very well. I think He scored as well. 

He obviously made an impression on the Alvechurch coaching staff.

Our best player that night was Charlie Lutz who scored a Hattrick.  Does anyone know what has happened to him ? Is He injured ?

Plymouth bring off Sousa and then concede straight away. I was watching up until Sousa was subbed, for the first twenty minutes the only time I saw him touch the ball was to block an Albion cross, but then came into the game more after that, at one point he cut inside and created a shooting opportunity for himself but was on his weaker foot and put it over, overall he's looked competent and not out of place. Have to remember he's not long turned nineteen and this his first loan, and he's gone straight in at relatively high level, so still getting up to speed with the big difference there is between U21 football and the Championship

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Another clean sheet for Lino, and the Argys once again go to shit without him.

And Chrisene!

That is some capitulation by Plymouth after he came off. Watched the first half and he looked really composed. Missed the second though so don't know if the collapse would have still happened with him on. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

On 26/02/2024 at 11:06, fightoffyour said:

Clean sheet for Feeney

If you were to pick your top 3 players who have the best chance of making a career for themselves at the level of the Premier League, who would it be? (Omit the likes of Donk, please.)

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

If you were to pick your top 3 players who have the best chance of making a career for themselves at the level of the Premier League, who would it be? (Omit the likes of Donk, please.)

Of the loanees or all youth players? Plenty have said before that Feeney is future England captain material, but I’m not particularly knowledgable on it.

Better to ask people watching the games in this thread:

@BOF, @OutByEaster?, @useless, @AndyClarke etc.

• Like 1

@Enda

Of the current loanees, probably only Chrisene and Feeney from an Academy perspective in my opinion.

Goalkeepers are really difficult to tell, Sinisalo may have a chance.

Not a massive O'Reilly fan personally, not at Premier League level anyway.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â