The 2023-24 (Finn Azaz) Loan Thread

Hornso

Summary from Tuesday night - Three from three

Filip Marschall (Milton Keynes Dons) 6th/24th [League One]
Home to AFC Wimbledon (3-1) - Played 90 minutes. 33 touches, 76% pass accuracy, 1 save. WhoScored.com rating of 6.35 / Sofascore.com rating of 6.7

Teddy Rowe (Gloucester City) 22nd/24th [National League North]
Away at Banbury (1-2) - Played 90 minutes.

Viljami Sinisalo (Exeter City) 19th/24th [League One]
Away at Bristol Rovers (0-1) - Played 90 minutes. 36 touches, 34.4% pass accuracy, 0 saves. WhoScored.com rating of 6.36 / Sofascore.com rating of 6.5

Edited by Hornso
  • Thanks 3

Still some time to go, but here's a quick refresher with all our current outgoing loans:

Louie Barry (Stockport County - League Two) [Current injured]
Ben Chrisene (Blackburn - Championship)
Philippe Coutinho (Al-Duhail - Qatar Stars) [On break until Feb 15]
Filip Marschall (Milton Keynes Dons - League Two)
Kosta Nedeljkovic (FK Crvena zvezda - Serbian Superliga) [On break until Feb 10]
Sebastian Revan (Rotherham - Championship)
Rico Richards (Stockport County - League Two)
Teddy Rowe (Gloucester City - National League North)
Morgan Sanson (Nice - Ligue 1)
Viljami Sinisalo (Exeter City - League One)
Kerr Smith (St Johnstone - Scottish PL)
Oliver Zych (Puszcza Niepolomice - Ekstraklasa) [On break until Feb 9]

Thanks to everyone who has helped keep track during January!

• Thanks 4

12 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Who is the club's loan manager now Jedinak has gone? Does this fall into Monchi's remit? Would love to know more about how the club monitors progress 

Good question. Got me Googling. 

We have Adam Henshall as our Head of Emerging Talents & Loans, who has been in the role since March 2021. Jedinak was underneath him in the role of Loan Manager, which has since been taken over by Tony Carss who was our U21s manager for the 2022-23 season and prior to that was Blackburn's Head of Academy Coaching for five years.

• Thanks 1

Summary from Wednesday night - Nothing to see here

Kerr Smith (St Johnstone) 10th/12th [Scottish Premier]
Home to Aberdeen (1-1) - Not in the squad [hamstring injury]

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

Good question. Got me Googling. 

We have Adam Henshall as our Head of Emerging Talents & Loans, who has been in the role since March 2021. Jedinak was underneath him in the role of Loan Manager, which has since been taken over by Tony Carss who was our U21s manager for the 2022-23 season and prior to that was Blackburn's Head of Academy Coaching for five years.

I'd love to know more about his remit. I'm imagining the Football Manager games where you'd have a little word with a guy out on loan to say 'you need to do more' or other canned responses. I suppose much of what he does is practical and then there must be an educational/developmental aspect: making sure players are settled, have everything they need: wonder how much pressure he can put on the loaning club to play the player in certain ways or to train them up in certain skills? 

11 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I'd love to know more about his remit. I'm imagining the Football Manager games where you'd have a little word with a guy out on loan to say 'you need to do more' or other canned responses. I suppose much of what he does is practical and then there must be an educational/developmental aspect: making sure players are settled, have everything they need: wonder how much pressure he can put on the loaning club to play the player in certain ways or to train them up in certain skills? 

Was a good interview on the Ben Fosters channel with the Director of Man Uniteds youth academy and he was talking about how loans work. Was interesting as they want the players to do a lot of things for themselves like finding an apartment

Edited by Zatman
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was a good interview on the Ben Fosters channel with the Director of Man Uniteds youth academy and he was talking about how loans work. Was interesting as they want the players to do a lot of things for themselves like finding an apartment

Will have a look, thanks. Sounds interesting 

Teddy Rowe scored Gloucester's first goal today, they're winning 2-1 at halftime, he was involved in the second too, their twitter describes it as 'lovely work' from him.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

On 28/01/2024 at 10:42, rjw63 said:

Stop shirking, there's internet everywhere unless you're off to the rainforests of Borneo where those pygmies live who knew Slippy G was going to be a fraud.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â