Things that should piss others off that don't

Marka Ragnos

I can start: I sometimes see people driving at night or in heavy rain without their lights on -- and it just drives me crazy. My wife tells me anyone can forget to turn their lights on, but no, not good enough! I can't understand how these people aren't banned from driving for life. Why aren't people waving their arms and flashing their high-beams at these dangerous drivers? Arggh!!!!

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I can start: I sometimes see people driving at night or in heavy rain without their lights on -- and it just drives me crazy. My wife tells me anyone can forget to turn their lights on, but no, not good enough! I can't understand how these people aren't banned from driving for life. Why aren't people waving their arms and flashing their high-beams at these dangerous drivers? Arggh!!!!

Sorry @Marka Ragnos I think this is one that would piss off most people. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Sorry @Marka Ragnos I think this is one that would piss off most people. 

How about this one?": String trimmers? Why do people people spend so much time and create so much environmental and noise pollution to maintain the **** edges of the precious boring lawns? No, no, no!

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Agree totally. To add to this, why do people drive with fog lights on but not there normal lights and sometimes during daylight hours? I’m guessing it’s some stupid posing thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

This annoys me too, nearly as much as I get annoyed when I find that my 5 year old son has yet again turned out lights from auto to off and forgotten to check and have been driving along with no lights on.

• Haha 1

I don't really know what annoys me that doesn't bother other people.

But I will start with anyone using cash to pay for things. I haven't carried cash for years, I can't understand why people are still using it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

But I will start with anyone using cash to pay for things. I haven't carried cash for years, I can't understand why people are still using it.

screenshot-2020-09-26-at-08.13.22.png

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Maybe older people who aren't as comfortable with electronic money concepts and tech, and also people legitimately concerned about security risks in a cashless system? Just guesses. I don't use cash very often these days either.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Forums that get a lot of threads started for no particular reason.

Whoa, good thread idea: "Forums that get a lot of threads started for no particular reason." I can see it now. It could be kind of a meta-ish, breaking down the fourth wall sort High Concept Thread. 😉

Spoiler

Well ... ok ... no.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

If there was a new thread needed to complement the other one and complete the "piss you off" universe I'd think it would be "Things That Rightfully Piss You Off"

Mods, please feel free to rename! Good idea, @il_serpente. We definitely need more places on the internet where people can gripe about trivialities.

41 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

On this theme, but from the other angle, places that don't take cash piss me off. I don't use cash a great deal but hate having the choice being taken away. It freezes certain parts of society out.

One of my local bars doesn't take cash since COVID so I just don't go there, even if I'm  paying by card.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Maybe older people who aren't as comfortable with electronic money concepts and tech, and also people legitimately concerned about security risks in a cashless system? Just guesses. I don't use cash very often these days either.

Older people I can let it go but anything else annoys me, if you want to pay in cash you better be prepared. Too often I see someone dig into a handbag, then a purse, then unzip a compartment of the purse, then dig for the exact change. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Older people I can let it go but anything else annoys me, if you want to pay in cash you better be prepared. Too often I see someone dig into a handbag, then a purse, then unzip a compartment of the purse, then dig for the exact change. 

Ah, the hidden change compartment strikes again!

12 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Agree totally. To add to this, why do people drive with fog lights on but not there normal lights and sometimes during daylight hours? I’m guessing it’s some stupid posing thing. 

It's usually Daytime running lights no? And people are stupid, they think they are enough.

35 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

It's usually Daytime running lights no? And people are stupid, they think they are enough.

No, it’s definitely the lower fog lights. I have daytime running lights.

If you look around, loads of people doing it. 

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

No, it’s definitely the lower fog lights. I have daytime running lights.

If you look around, loads of rocket polishers doing it. 

Fixed.

• Haha 1

Â