Brennan Johnson

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

That's why I think Johnson would be a very sensible addition even if he cost 40 mil,

Brentford will not be giving up at that money after offering 30+ twice , driving the price too high 

10 hours ago, TRO said:

To do what Nick?.....what will be the main objective of this player?

Cameron Archer, is not really a kid anymore, he has been an academy Graduate, who has been out on Loan and completed 40 appeareances in the lower league, (to give him experience and physical fine tuning).....A league where more experienced players than him, would be pleased with his hit rate there.....from what I hear Preston and Borough fans love him....He has even scored regularly at youth international level......every test put in front of him,he has passed.

I can't say with any certainty we will score in the prem...but I can't say he won't either.......These boys have to be given a chance, else the academy is just cosmetic and not purposeful

If the manager, goes with this.....I back him.

I think I explained the answer to this in my last comment about each of the players and it seems that Emery might feel the same given that despite Diaby being brought in we are still being linked with attacking players.  

We need another good option, we have quantity I agree but look at the strength (not just quantity) we have at CB, and now in central midfield…that has strength in a number of different ways but our attacking options have quantity but questionable about whether we have strength/quality there as I described in my previous comment.

I back the manager and I think he’s going to bring in another player in this area.

10 hours ago, TRO said:

To do what Nick?.....what will be the main objective of this player?

Cameron Archer, is not really a kid anymore, he has been an academy Graduate, who has been out on Loan and completed 40 appeareances in the lower league, (to give him experience and physical fine tuning).....A league where more experienced players than him, would be pleased with his hit rate there.....from what I hear Preston and Borough fans love him....He has even scored regularly at youth international level......every test put in front of him,he has passed.

I can't say with any certainty we will score in the prem...but I can't say he won't either.......These boys have to be given a chance, else the academy is just cosmetic and not purposeful

If the manager, goes with this.....I back him.

This!!! ⬇️

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

If we've got any sort of ambition to challenge the top 4, we need to have quality like Doku, Diaby AND Bailey available to us.

For too long we've had versions of the same player to make up our squad. One-dimensional coaches who just want to bring on "fresh legs".

Emery likes to change personnel based on opposition and in-game.

It's time we had 20 first-team players so we can really cause people problems.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I keep hearing things like this but if the club feel they could spend 50m on another player I trust it’s within the clubs means to be able to do this and not going to risk the stability of the club.  If it isn’t within the clubs means and they spent that kind of money anyway then we’re screwed in the long run regardless. 

yeah, we all expect the club to spend within their means, but we know Ambition can sometimes trump financial prudence.

I am particularly smitten with the free transfers, I know it can't always be done, but its smart, and keeps our powder dry for other targets.

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think I explained the answer to this in my last comment about each of the players and it seems that Emery might feel the same given that despite Diaby being brought in we are still being linked with attacking players.  

We need another good option, we have quantity I agree but look at the strength (not just quantity) we have at CB, and now in central midfield…that has strength in a number of different ways but our attacking options have quantity but questionable about whether we have strength/quality there as I described in my previous comment.

I back the manager and I think he’s going to bring in another player in this area.

we'll see....

if he does, I will take it, we need it.....if he doesn't I'll take it we don't.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't want this transfer, don't think Emery or Monchi want this transfer. Hope this puts an end to any links. It's like with Maguire. All the links make me worry it might happen, even though it's based on hacks making nonsense up. He is simply nowhere near good enough for us. He is not even as good as Bailey or Traore.

Edited by Monkeypuzzle
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Don't want this transfer, don't think Emery or Monchi want this transfer. Hope this puts an end to any links. It's like with Maguire. All the links make me worry it might happen, even though it's based on hacks making nonsense up. He is so ply nowhere near good enough for us. He is not even as good as Bailey or Traore.

Yes I make you right - I don’t want this either. Strikes me as a legend in his own lunchtime.

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Don't want this transfer, don't think Emery or Monchi want this transfer. Hope this puts an end to any links. It's like with Maguire. All the links make me worry it might happen, even though it's based on hacks making nonsense up. He is simply nowhere near good enough for us.

Meh. You can think this if you want. I disagree.

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

He is not even as good as Bailey or Traore.

Right. You're being ridiculous now. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Meh. You can think this if you want. I disagree.

Right. You're being ridiculous now. 

You've every right to disagree. I tend to agree with very little that I see you post, so it's not really a surprise. But don't call my view point ridiculous. I'm just as entitled to my opinion as you are without my judgement being questioned in such a dismissive way. The fact that you think he is better than members of our first team squad tells me all I need to know about your judgement. I don't need to comment on it more than that.

32 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

You've every right to disagree. I tend to agree with very little that I see you post, so it's not really a surprise. But don't call my view point ridiculous. I'm just as entitled to my opinion as you are without my judgement being questioned in such a dismissive way. The fact that you think he is better than members of our first team squad tells me all I need to know about your judgement. I don't need to comment on it more than that.

Just a wee gag. I disagree. Johnson is much better than Traore or Bailey.

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Saying Johnson isn't better than Bailey or Traore isn't ridiculous in the slightest.

Ah the old quadruple negative. Dangerous. Love it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Saying Johnson isn't better than Bailey or Traore isn't ridiculous in the slightest.

I think so. I dont think Johnson is better than Demarai Gray who struggled at Leverkusen as back up to Bailey

Johnson went to Europe he wouldnt go to a top team

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Don't want this transfer, don't think Emery or Monchi want this transfer. Hope this puts an end to any links. It's like with Maguire. All the links make me worry it might happen, even though it's based on hacks making nonsense up. He is simply nowhere near good enough for us. He is not even as good as Bailey or Traore.

He isn’t bad, it’s just the financial look of it isn’t pretty.we could find much better value.

Â