The Moral Maze - Age of Consent

Seat68

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

A 60 year old married man buying nudes from a 17 year old is about as ropey as it gets to the legal line.

The sun are scum obviously

The person denied selling pics below the age of the consent and the police found no criminality either 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

A 60 year old married man buying nudes from a 17 year old is about as ropey as it gets to the legal line.

The sun are scum obviously

Police don’t seem to think this is what happened, though. Nor does the alleged victim.

Just now, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Sky and the Guardian are both saying that the BBC have this evening reported that:

" Huw Edwards is facing “yet more allegations of inappropriate behaviour” this evening.

The new accusations are that he behaved inappropriately towards colleagues at the BBC."

But I can't find this on the BBC

It was definitely on the BBC news on the radio.

one member of staff has claimed they were sent an email which they thought was inappropriate, BBC News has seen the email and declared it was flirty…

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, trekka said:

He is apparently in hospital now with serious mental health issues.

My first thought when I heard it on the radio was whether he tried to take his own life 😔 

The Sun need to be shut down.

He's obviously a bit of a letch. Then again he's had mental health issues, maybe this is a side effect, he's having a bit of a breakdown. 

Trying to get into contact with young men is odd behaviour but I don't know, maybe this is how rent boys operate these days.  Old men chasing young rent boys is nothing new at all.  If you're that way inclined it's no different to old men trying to engage with young women. It's usually called a mid life crisis. 

It appears he's been acting inappropriately with some others at work? Well let's see the evidence but it could well be another side to his deteriorating mental health, it could be he is an aggressive perv or it could be more stuff and nonsense. 

So far zero laws have been broken and a man and his career have been left in tatters for nothing than a few clicks for The Sun. 

Edited by sidcow

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

It was definitely on the BBC news on the radio.

one member of staff has claimed they were sent an email which they thought was inappropriate, BBC News has seen the email and declared it was flirty…

Flirty? Seems like the original story was bollocks, and now people are piling on for death by a thousand minor  indescretions

• Like 1

Just now, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

That makes it ok then?

In the eyes of the law, yes. Literally yes. And why are you cropping out the bit about no evidence? :D

This looks to have been an absolutely meritless witch hunt, the earliest rumours of illegality look like they were nothing but lies from someone looking to profit from the story, and so much of it has been bollocks, it's probably wise to not rush to judgement on any of the other "facts" of the story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

That makes it ok then?

Yes, the law says so. You own personal worldview is just that yours and yours alone. Once it’s legal quite frankly, it’s none of your business 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Flirty? Seems like the original story was bollocks, and now people are piling on for death by a thousand minor  indescretions

Yep, that was exactly my impression listening to the news report.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Didn't mean to answer for @bickster like you couldn't handle your own reply but it annoyed me too much to keep quiet :D 

It’s not something I have an issue with, it’s a discussion forum not a personal messaging service… which by the way I'm selling pictures of my belly button complete with its surrounding wide expanse on,for £2k an image, 50% off for first time VT readers ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is it because he's a man chasing men? 

If he was a 60 year old man originally accused of chasing after a 17 year old girl who then transpired to actually be a 18 year old girl, would people be on their high horse? 

It's adults communicating with adults. **** me the world is full of rich old men with young dolly birds on their arms. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Don't fall for this kids. I have a pixelated picture of something he calls a "belly button" and 2k hole in my finances. 

What he sent me looked more like some kind of pasty worm. 

• Haha 1

Â