Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

46 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

39 points having Wildcarded and taken out Watkins.  I may genuinely be the worst player in the world at this!

ordinarily I would have disagreed and claimed  that title from you   , but just as I transferred Watkins from my team before the Chelsea game , I gave him a  last second reprieve  .... so the title is all yours , even allowing for me putting the 15pt  Anderson as my last sub 

Edited by tonyh29

I wildcarded last week due to the amount of flags on my players, most of whom played but I did manage to get a team that contained Haaland, Alvarez, Salah, Son, Maddison, Trippier

I really didn't want to let go of Andersen from Palace but was kind of forced to to get the others in. Typical he gets another 15 pointer when I get rid, Might have to bring him back at some point

Putting Watkins in on Friday is saving me this week.
Question, I have Sterling but he’s on the bench tonight. If he doesn’t play will I get the points of my other midfielder on the bench (Saka, 9 points)?

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Putting Watkins in on Friday is saving me this week.
Question, I have Sterling but he’s on the bench tonight. If he doesn’t play will I get the points of my other midfielder on the bench (Saka, 9 points)?

You’d get the points of your first sub (excluding the keeper obviously)

The only time this doesn’t happen is if you only play 3 defenders and one doesn’t play. You have to have 3 defenders playing so you’d get the points of the first defender on your bench (ie if you had a midfielder as your first sub they wouldn’t come on)

I know this is a moot point now because sterling did come on

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

He was flagged as 50% or 75% likely so I took him out. I put Watkins in so can’t win them all!

In that situation I play him anyway. If he doesn't play then he subs out anyway and you still end up with Sterling coming in. But if he does play then you get your preferred starter.

There's a risk he mightn't play the whole game (and Son did come off early), but it's still preferable in many cases.

34 minutes ago, BOF said:

In that situation I play him anyway. If he doesn't play then he subs out anyway and you still end up with Sterling coming in. But if he does play then you get your preferred starter.

There's a risk he mightn't play the whole game (and Son did come off early), but it's still preferable in many cases.

I actually had Sterling in there anyway, I subbed Saka for Watkins with a tweak to the formation.

I think I’ve seen enough of Sterling now to know I need to get rid of him (famous last words!).

Sterling seemed to get hyped up because he did well against the worst team in the league and people decided he was in good form (don't get me started on using form as a predictor)

I think he's been pretty crap all season 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Sterling seemed to get hyped up because he did well against the worst team in the league and people decided he was in good form (don't get me started on using form as a predictor)

I think he's been pretty crap all season 

I don't think Sterling will ever be as effective as he was in the Man City set up where his movement (especially arriving at the back post) got him most of his goals. He's never been as good when he dribbles and tries to beat players like he's doing at Chelsea.

I got 67 points this week and did really well in my mini leagues, only bested by a couple of people. Being a villa fan, I had a good feeling about Watkins v Chelsea and Brighton and so went 3-4-3 the last 2 gameweeks, where he got me 32 points in those 2 games, carrying the load whilst Haaland and Alvarez go through a quieter patch.

Diaby got 8 and Digne 1, villa players got like 47% of my points in this GW lol. Doing decent and not had salah or son in my team, there is great value in the midfield but think I’m gonna stay 3-4-3 for the next few game weeks and then may go back to 3-5-2 but will have to see.

I’ll probably leave Haaland as captain this game week as lens got 2 goals against arsenal yday and reckon Haaland and Alvarez are going to stick a few past them. I’ll deffo captain Watkins against Luton at the end of the month though. 

when my transfer becomes available on Saturday I will get trippier in for chilwell who is on my bench, focused on getting Bowen in for sterling this week. Then barring injuries I’m pretty happy with my team so will try to just rotate the players according to fixture rather than make transfers for the sake of it 

Edited by Villatillidie95

20 hours ago, a-k said:

Saka and Eze injuries have completely crippled my upcoming transfer plans let alone my midfield

Now Estupinian is out...I really might be forced into a WC considering I had 4 planned transfers over the next 3 GWs and none of those included any my three crocked players

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Now Estupinian is out...I really might be forced into a WC considering I had 4 planned transfers over the next 3 GWs and none of those included any my three crocked players

there's going to end up being quite a template isn't it. man u and chelsea players are out, saka and estupinan injured,

schar and/or burn, son/salah, watkins & diaby, probably bowen too

Â