Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Big captaincy decisions again this week. City home after 2 defeats and Haaland in a quiet period. Has explosion written all over it.

Salah in great form and home to Everton. Has explosion written all over it.

Son home to Flum after a quiet one. That could be a hattrick too.

Assuming nothing changes, this will be a rolling FT for me. Famous last words. 11 home ties, 10 of which are green according to FPL FDR. Brighton the only white.

So another shite gameweek coming up then.

Nearly a million people have sold Haaland. He'll almost certainly going to be my captain. He's going to haul

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nearly a million people have sold Haaland. He'll almost certainly going to be my captain. He's going to haul

89k have sold him.

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We’re both wrong. It was 310k as of last night

Well then my app is wrong because it's still saying 91k.

must have been a fair amount whatever it was cause he went down in price last night. be interested to see what he ends up scoring this season points wise. he's unlikely to be cheaper next season but there might be an interesting debate about whether he's worth it or not

After seeing Brighton’s questionable defence versus us, coupled with the fact Haaland hasn’t scored in a while, I’m gonna captain him.

honestly there is some good options this week tho, I don’t have salah or son but from what I’ve seen they are good options, I did maddison last week and Fulham will come out and play so he will do better in that game than Luton imo.

trippier v palace is another viable option as he is a bonus points machine and could see him getting a few assists and a clean sheet too.

for week 10 I’m going Watkins v Luton for definite. I think we would have a lot of chances against them, it’s just whether we can bury them 

42 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

for week 10 I’m going Watkins v Luton for definite. I think we would have a lot of chances against them, it’s just whether we can bury them 

interesting...watkins vs luton or salah home to forest. difficult one.

luton home could be one of those games that we struggle to break them down and come away with a scrappy 1-0

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

interesting...watkins vs luton or salah home to forest. difficult one.

luton home could be one of those games that we struggle to break them down and come away with a scrappy 1-0

I feel as we are at home and with our record at VP coupled with luton not being at “the kenny”, our quality will shine through and we will take the game to them. 

from what Ive seen of them there fullbacks leave a lot of space in behind to attack. However there is that risk with them as they have fight and spirit which can be dangerous 

12 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I feel as we are at home and with our record at VP coupled with luton not being at “the kenny”, our quality will shine through and we will take the game to them. 

from what Ive seen of them there fullbacks leave a lot of space in behind to attack. However there is that risk with them as they have fight and spirit which can be dangerous 

it will be an interesting GW as there are a few viable captaincy options, and watkins certainly is one of them

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 16:23, BOF said:

City home after 2 defeats and Haaland in a quiet period. Has explosion written all over it.

Especially as Rodri is expected to return to the team

If you'd asked me two days ago, I'd have said I was rolling my transfer but now Burns has risen a further 0.1 and the news that Robertson is out for a likely 10 weeks, I may do Burns to Tsimikas for a bit of profit taking and spare cash building

As for captaincy I too have the Haaland / Salah / Son dilemma and logic says Haaland but I have this nagging Salah feeling. I doubt it'll be Son (you know what will happen now)

If you go with Son you've got the hope of your captain delivering all weekend to boost your score as they play on Monday.

Nothing worse than your captain blanking in a Friday night or 12:30 kick-off and your FPL weekend being effectively ruined.

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it was Gandhi who said “never back the early kick off”

He definitely said Salah struggles in early kick offs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

haaland all the way this week. brighton poor at the back, plus i like that captaincy is just something i don't need to think about. just keep it on haaland and worry about the rest of the team

i'm on 5 at the back as things stand so could be an interesting week...

matip starts 6 in a row. rested all week, then gets benched. konate gets booked, and taken off for matip to get the probable 1 pointer.

FPL is back.

Edited by tomav84

Â