Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Just noticed I lost my head to head against an Arsenal supporter. Not sure what they're doing in a VillaTalk league? 😆

Just had a look. We've a fair few non Villa fans in there. A few Arsenal, a Wolves, Brentford, Chelsea, Fulham. Could be away fans on the forum. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been struggling to be motivated this season. That's aside from my shite start, although that can't be helping. So I just used my wildcard in a '**** it' kinda way. If it works it works. If it doesn't, I don't really care. I had a good team on paper, now I have a different good team on paper. It's all still very meh though. At least this way it's a bit more interesting than it was.

i might look at a GW8 wildcard as a lot of teams' fixtures swing after then...city's become tough, arsenal and brighton a couple of tough ones, brentford not great. meanwhile spurs and liverpool are very nice indeed from then

On 21/09/2023 at 15:47, BOF said:

I have been struggling to be motivated this season. That's aside from my shite start, although that can't be helping. So I just used my wildcard in a '**** it' kinda way. If it works it works. If it doesn't, I don't really care. I had a good team on paper, now I have a different good team on paper. It's all still very meh though. At least this way it's a bit more interesting than it was.

This was my exact thought process when I WC the other week. Haaland is making it a bit boring, haven't moved my captain off him at all and I don't see when I will.

8 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

This was my exact thought process when I WC the other week. Haaland is making it a bit boring, haven't moved my captain off him at all and I don't see when I will.

the headache just doesn't seem worth it. kinda like it to be honest. one less decision to make

decided on definitely wildcarding in GW8. don't have a lot of fires to fight, but just too many fixture swings around then to ignore. with 2 FTs it means i can have a bit of fun this week and next. watkins to morris for a 2 week punt could be a fun one for a start

my proposed GW8 wildcard team is going to need adjusting with the various price changes that are going to happen this week

got rid of chilwell already before his price drop tonight

Edited by tomav84

Â