Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

On 26/08/2023 at 16:53, tomav84 said:

crazy how many content creators picked pickford. were they really expecting everton's defence to suddenly become good in a few weeks over the summer?

I think a lot of people go for using as little money as possible on keepers. So they basically start with two 4.5 keepers or a 4.5 and 4

If you follow that train of thought then Pickford was probably one of the best options 

On 26/08/2023 at 16:53, tomav84 said:

crazy how many content creators picked pickford. were they really expecting everton's defence to suddenly become good in a few weeks over the summer?

I think it was based on Everton's early run of fixtures which even though they've completely blown them sort of looked alright, we were their hardest looking game in the first 4, now the Evertonians are predicting Sheff Utd's first win :D 

I'll be honest I'm still **** off over the Gabriel leak.

That sort of shit happens another time this season and I'm done with the game I think.

They need to either move the deadline right up to KO or move it to 24 hours before the games. Don't care which, pick one.

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll be honest I'm still **** off over the Gabriel leak.

That sort of shit happens another time this season and I'm done with the game I think.

They need to either move the deadline right up to KO or move it to 24 hours before the games. Don't care which, pick one.

to be fair, the gabriel leak game the day before the game, which very rarely happens.

Yeah I’d heard the Gabriel news the day before. 

I don’t really see the issue with the deadline. You occasionally get a leak but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t make a huge difference. Half the time knowing the leak works against you anyway

Not sure where to go transfer wise this week. 

Will take the risk and dodge Sterling again most likely. With Rashford/Odegaard/Saka/Diaby/Mbeumo as my five there isn't anyone I desperately need out this week (Rashford is on a thin line though).

Guehi out Udogie in worth the transfer?  

Sterling’s stats have been crap in the first two games. And his haul was against Luton. It’ll take a bit longer for me to consider him a genuine option 

I might move Archer on for Awoniyi. I can’t ignore him scoring every week much longer

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Sterling’s stats have been crap in the first two games. And his haul was against Luton. It’ll take a bit longer for me to consider him a genuine option 

I might move Archer on for Awoniyi. I can’t ignore him scoring every week much longer

Didn't realise whatsoever how well he's done since the end of last season and start of this. 

16 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Didn't realise whatsoever how well he's done since the end of last season and start of this. 

He literally returns every week. But nobody has him. 

I’ll have a look at his underlying stats but it seems obvious

I knew of his form because 2nd in last season's mini-league had him. Didn't go for him to start this season because away to Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, and Man City in the first six fixtures...

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

something for an on topic thread but when people say "who is out there that we could get is better than watkins?" i've wondered about this guy...he seems to score every chance he gets.

back to FPL, for 6.5m he's definitely on my radar and aside from 2 or 3 games they've got nice fixtures pretty much until xmas. the problem is that so have we and the way we're playing i'd still prefer watkins i think. thinking further ahead though, when we play city, arsenal and brentford from GW15 they have everton, fulham and wolves.

Â