Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Did previously prefer the circle and more traditional badge previously when I did the survey last season. But since then and how the club is progressing off the pitch and how the future is looking bright, I think a modern shield with coats of arms showing some traditions like the glass lamp and lion would amazing, but also keeping it simple and morden at the same time!

I've said it before, if you explained the 'new' crest to me verbally, to me it sounds perfect and goes along with what I voted for (as I recall) but when it was finally revealed, it just didn't look right... I've had a play around and I think it's down to the lion. I prefer the old lion. The star I'm not too fussed about.

lion4.png.8b50c39ede4bb729cf7c3a230c229709.png

Personally I don't like the gas lamp shape, it looks like a dart flight to me. 😅

2 minutes ago, villaajax said:

I've said it before, if you explained the 'new' crest to me verbally, to me it sounds perfect and goes along with what I voted for (as I recall) but when it was finally revealed, it just didn't look right... I've had a play around and I think it's down to the lion. I prefer the old lion. The star I'm not too fussed about.

Personally I don't like the gas lamp shape, it looks like a dart flight to me. 😅

Yellow on light blue doesn't work. It's the issue we had originally that so many wanted resolved. 

Also,  the new lion is more imposing for me.  More detailed, but not so much that it's complicated. The arms are in proportion in the new one too, they look a little stretched on the old one (imho).

Safe to say it sounds like the direction of the survey is moving back to a shield. And hopefully a shape we can call our own

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

The gas lamp we shown in the last consultation looked like a dart flight. So that needs sorting. In no way did it resemble a gas lamp. 

Maybe it's just that a gas lamp as a shape is fundamentally wrong and flawed and won't work for a badge.

The gaslight just seems like a novelty. No credible evidence exists for that origin story. And even if it did, 'it's a bit of a naff design. Plus, if the arse was to fall out of our season next year or after there will be plenty of 'Villa owners gaslighting the fans again' type headlines. Let's not leave ourselves open to that. 

The stripped down diamond design looks simple and clean; it's a nod to the design on the old Trinity but somehow looks contemporary too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yellow on light blue doesn't work. It's the issue we had originally that so many wanted resolved. 

Also,  the new lion is more imposing for me.  More detailed, but not so much that it's complicated. The arms are in proportion in the new one too, they look a little stretched on the old one (imho).

Safe to say it sounds like the direction of the survey is moving back to a shield. And hopefully a shape we can call our own

I see what you mean about the new lion being more imposing but something about it just looks off to me. I think the 90s lion looks better

lion5.png.dc07e017c415b5129ca518d0f4827ebd.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephen_Evans said:

For my part, I have said the starting point should be a claret lion on a blue background.  It seems the combination which has worked best visually.  

Sure, but a gold lion on claret (can use blue in border) looks good too and arguably better.

Maybe a simplistic design would work.

spacer.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, villaajax said:

That lion is way too basic, IMO. There needs to be stylistic detailing, not just a flat surface.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yep, has to be yellow lion on claret background. 

On 28/09/2023 at 15:31, Teale's 'tache said:

A couple of full-colour options...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Have you done a version of this without the name? Saw you'd done a diamond without but couldn't see the gas lamp shape without and would be interesting to see.

• Thanks 1

Â