Álex Baena

AvfcRigo82

7 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Cole Palmer is most definitely not overrated. 

As much as that pains me to say. 

I used to think he was massively overrated. Then I saw him play at Stamford Bridge in the cup game - I genuinely think it was one of the best individual performances I've seen this season. 

So if he's like THAT Palmer, sign him up.

6 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Might as well try for Grimaldo. All the assists.

i mentioned Grimaldo in the summer, but it was an unrealistic target at the time.

Baena has been on my radar since a Villareal FM save a couple years ago...

Jokes aside, he's always been a player I thought Emery might want to bring with him. Huge, huge potential imo. Very young, and a traditional playmaker type ala De Bruyne, David Silva. He's the type of player that we needed during that run where teams sat back against us and we didn't have someone to play the killer pass (Forest game, as an example).

Would be a fantastic signing.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2024 at 07:30, T-Dog said:

I used to think he was massively overrated. Then I saw him play at Stamford Bridge in the cup game - I genuinely think it was one of the best individual performances I've seen this season. 

So if he's like THAT Palmer, sign him up.

I thought he was pretty crap against us. Gallagher on the other hand really impressed me.

3 hours ago, DaoDeMings said:

Baena has been on my radar since a Villareal FM save a couple years ago...

Jokes aside, he's always been a player I thought Emery might want to bring with him. Huge, huge potential imo. Very young, and a traditional playmaker type ala De Bruyne, David Silva. He's the type of player that we needed during that run where teams sat back against us and we didn't have someone to play the killer pass (Forest game, as an example).

Would be a fantastic signing.

Is he more like De Bruyne or David Silva? Very different playmakers.

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Thought all season that we needed our own version of Odegaard in midfield. Turns out this lad is better! 

• Like 1

Â