Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

There is a lot spoken about relationships, in big organisations......I think they are so,so important.

No one knows everything, and its crucial to be able to share your thoughts with someone, without prejudice....two heads are better than one, as the old saying goes.

UE has to have someone he can trust, and more importantly create a seamless line of action.

I am not as precious about Monchi's time at Roma, because I am not privvy to the chain of command there, and its relationship with Monchi.

I feel his decision making will be enhanced by his relationship with UE....He will be less isolated.

but like all things......we will see.

I am excited by this potential appointment..

I have watched his masterclass videos on YouTube and he has a vast amount of knowledge and depth and he no doubt cream of the crop.

My worry is whether he will try to change the current Academy structure with Mark Harrison, and whether his thesis will translate well over to British football culture.

He is used to building the academy for players to succeed in Spanish football, I do think the approach would need be a very different in England..

But I am also aware that with risk comes reward..

Edited by Reivax_Villa

Monchi will be our most important "signing" this summer.

Emery is brilliant as a coach, manager, motivator and whatever else he turns his hand to. Not only is he extremely hard working and superbly talented, he is obsessive to the point of compulsion when it comes down to even the finest of details. That's why Monchi is going to be such a huge addition, because Unai needs someone alongside him to share the massive work load so that he doesn't burn out. Monchi is so experienced and equally obsessive and driven as well as being supremely capable and knowledgeable, he will be invaluable to Emery. The two of them are a perfect fit for each other. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He'll move in with Emery at BMH, they'll have a Bromance and their own TV show.

"This Morning" are looking for a double act.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, imavillan said:

There's an article in The Times

Read it beyond the paywall here

FOOTBALL | MARTIN SAMUEL

Monchi to Aston Villa could be the signing of the summer

Arsenal wanted Monchi, Barcelona wanted Monchi. He would appear to be going to Aston Villa. And to think there were some who continued doubting the worth of the Europa Conference League.

Similar vibes to when we thought we were looking at Pochettino but got the better option in Emery instead. We went looking for Alemany but (hopefully) got the even better option in Monchi instead.

I realize I'm possibly talking out of my arse, but I'm excited today.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Similar vibes to when we thought we were looking at Pochettino but got the better option in Emery instead. We went looking for Alemany but (hopefully) got the even better option in Monchi instead.

I realize I'm possibly talking out of my arse, but I'm excited today.

Same. Those videos of his are fantastic, and a million miles away from the mentality of the Bruce/Gerrard school. And they repeatedly reference 'The Great Unai Emery'. 

I do hope this goes through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I read that Monchi speaks Spanish (obviously), French, and English fluently, and is now also proficient in Italian. That's very important in his job.

God forbid if there are one or two words mispronounced, the muppets in England will mock him. 

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I am excited by this potential appointment..

I have watched his masterclass videos on YouTube and he has a vast amount of knowledge and depth and he no doubt cream of the crop.

My worry is whether he will try to change the current Academy structure with Mark Harrison, and whether his thesis will translate well over to British football culture.

He is used to building the academy for players to succeed in Spanish football, I do think the approach would need be a very different in England..

But I am also aware that with risk comes reward..

You mean that British academy players expect £100K p.w. once they train with the first team?

Its difficult to understand how much of a difference or impact Monchi might make, but what is reassuring is Emery wants Monchi along side him and they have a great relationship, that can only be good; Monchi is seemingly excited about the project, which bodes well on lots of levels.

Above all else however, we continue to make the right strides in progressing the club with the appointment of some of the very best appointments we could not even hope for, NSWE have kicked their project into another gear, they are serious operators and putting everything in place for elite success. Our trajectory continues upwards and our club momentum is quite something - thats rubs off and garners a culture. Happy days indeed.

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

God forbid if there are one or two words mispronounced, the muppets in England will mock him. 

4 languages and you can't pronouce worcester! GTFO foreign idiot!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Not yet.  Apparently, he has a 3-month notice period.  So wouldn't be able to start until after transfer window 😢

He wouldn't be expected to work it if we pay them off. 

43 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

has he been confirmed yet?

I think it's safe to say that Monchi will leave Sevilla, as the working relationship between him and the board seem to be in tatters now. But the contract is allegedly pretty complicated.

I'm in Seville, intention was to find the Villa hierarchy and extol the virtues of Birmingham to Senor Monchi.

However, I've stumbled in a Real Betis fan bar my mistake.

If Monchi goes the way of Alemany, blames on me.

• Haha 1

Â