Pau Torres

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'll be honest, I'm slightly concerned about that leaving video Never seen a player so attached to a club before.

Literally in tears (and not just about the guy who passed away). I hope we haven't got a Shaun Moloney type who struggles away from his home.

I'm sure the other Spanish speaking players and staff will put an arm around him buy I hope he doesn't miss Villareal so much that it affects ts his performances. 

Its not a major worry, just a slight niggle in the back of my head for an otherwise excellent signing.

95% of your post is negative, yet you think the signing is excellent. Something not right there.

Just now, MrBlack said:

95% of your post is negative, yet you think the signing is excellent. Something not right there.

I think the post is pretty self explanatory. I said it's an excellent signing and I just hope he doesn't miss home too much. I don't see the problem with my post?

• Like 1

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

I think the post is pretty self explanatory. I said it's an excellent signing and I just hope he doesn't miss home too much. I don't see the problem with my post?

You spend all of your post explaining your concerns and none of it highlighting anything good. I just found it a weird way to show you think it's an excellent signing.

Just now, MrBlack said:

You spend all of your post explaining your concerns and none of it highlighting anything good. I just found it a weird way to show you think it's an excellent signing.

I was expressing a "slight concern" in "an otherwise excellent signing".

The slight concern was in relation to a video that was just released. I've already said its an excellent signing previously.

I was expressing a "slight concern" in "an otherwise excellent signing".

The slight concern was in relation to a video that was just released. I've already said its an excellent signing previously.

It's your first post since we signed him though...

I think i get the sentiment. I naturally imagine the worst. Especially where Villa are concerned.

But I think Emery has finally released me of the "something will go wrong" curse.

Maybe that's not what you're feeling, but if it is, you can let it go. Emery is here and he's the best in the business. 

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:
7 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'll be honest, I'm slightly concerned about that leaving video Never seen a player so attached to a club before.

Literally in tears (and not just about the guy who passed away). I hope we haven't got a Shaun Moloney type who struggles away from his home.

I'm sure the other Spanish speaking players and staff will put an arm around him buy I hope he doesn't miss Villareal so much that it affects ts his performances. 

Its not a major worry, just a slight niggle in the back of my head for an otherwise excellent signing.

I don't think the post is negative, in fairness to GV. I can see where he's coming from. I also don't expect the transfer will affect Pau's performances, but boy does he clearly have Villareal in his heart. Which is what you'd expect. That's all. I've also never seen a leaving video like that one. However, I think the emotion is more because this is his first move away. We're ripping the band-aid off. He'll be fine.

• Like 2

Just now, MrBlack said:

It's your first post since we signed him though...

I think i get the sentiment. I naturally imagine the worst. Especially where Villa are concerned.

But I think Emery has finally released me of the "something will go wrong" curse.

Maybe that's not what you're feeling, but if it is, you can let it go. Emery is here and he's the best in the business. 

I knew we were signing him around 2 months ago as @JAMAICAN-VILLANwill attest to. I have no concerns about his ability, just noticed that he seemed very upset about leaving. 

• Like 1

I knew we were signing him around 2 months ago as @JAMAICAN-VILLANwill attest to. I have no concerns about his ability, just noticed that he seemed very upset about leaving. 

It’s a valid point to cover but he has Unai here (so it’s the best move he could make really) - they have a strong, existing relationship. We have Spanish and Portuguese speaking players like Moreno here. It’s not like the old days, every effort and provision will be made available to help him settle.

I’m sure he will feel the love from us fans too.

Will be all good, Unai is building something special and this signing is the greatest indication that he has the full backing of NSWE.

Let the good times roll!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s a valid point to cover but he has Unai here (so it’s the best move he could make really) - they have a strong, existing relationship. We have Spanish and Portuguese speaking players like Moreno here. It’s not like the old days, every effort and provision will be made available to help him settle.

I’m sure he will feel the love from us fans too.

Will be all good, Unai is building something special and this signing is the greatest indication that he has the full backing of NSWE.

Let the good times roll!

Yes and I think the strong Spanish speaking contingent at the club will help enormously. I'd be more worried if we didn't have that. 

Anyway, it is undoubtedly a very good signings and I hope he feels at home here.

Edited by GlobalVillan

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yes and I think the strong Spanish speaking contingent at the club will help enormously. I'd be more worried if we didn't have that. 

Wonder if he's met SJM yet, defo need a translator!

Â