Youri Tielemans

thejoker

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

no, but some time working on your physicality will. I hope the club pointed a large finger towards the gym establishment for him.

I doubt at this point in his career he will transform into something he's not.

Plenty of games to show a change for him, but I don't see it.

4 minutes ago, GrumpyFox said:

I must admit, I’m really not surprised he has been poor. 

Youri needs a run of games to even get going, granted I don’t watch you week in week out, but I thought he was going into a tough team to break into…. I wouldn’t say he is better than any of your midfielders prior to his arrival. A squad player at most, but unfortunately he can’t perform that role due to needing constant game time.

I think when we were good, he was benefiting from the players around him lifting his game, and making up for his inadequacies…. 

He will probably go out on loan in January….. just be thankful that you didn’t have to pay a transfer fee for him…. 

He probably should have stayed with us………

Sometimes a new manager, environment etc will do wonders for a player, but it appears that this hasn't exactly been the case so far. Still early days so not really ready to call it a complete failure just yet, but the signs aren't great. 

6 minutes ago, GrumpyFox said:

I must admit, I’m really not surprised he has been poor. 

Youri needs a run of games to even get going, granted I don’t watch you week in week out, but I thought he was going into a tough team to break into…. I wouldn’t say he is better than any of your midfielders prior to his arrival. A squad player at most, but unfortunately he can’t perform that role due to needing constant game time.

I think when we were good, he was benefiting from the players around him lifting his game, and making up for his inadequacies…. 

He will probably go out on loan in January….. just be thankful that you didn’t have to pay a transfer fee for him…. 

He probably should have stayed with us………

Yeah I can see with the right set up, he does well in a midfield 3 with runners on the wings, Vardy ahead of him and a base behind him.

But that's hardly a set up you see anymore.

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

I doubt at this point in his career he will transform into something he's not.

Plenty of games to show a change for him, but I don't see it.

If he realizes he needs to adapt something then I'd say he's more than capable of doing it under guidance. I think his biggest weaknesses are his physicality and speed (decision making and running). All of these are workable.

Not ready to throw in the towel just yet, but yeah it isn't looking great.

44 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Yeah I can see with the right set up, he does well in a midfield 3 with runners on the wings, Vardy ahead of him and a base behind him.

But that's hardly a set up you see anymore.

Very true…. You can’t afford to carry players though in the premier league, Emre is a quality manager and should be able to get the best out of Youri, but his issues have always been self inflicted. He just isn’t an athlete at all, that’s all well and good if you’ve got the ability to make up for those shortcomings. 

Youri has shown signs of being a playmaker, and an organiser, but I would say he was at his best when N’didi was at his best…. It’s a shame to see him struggling because he was mostly good for us, but it was the right team in the right moment for him, and I think he took that for granted sometimes, he often looked disinterested last season for us too. 

I think judging him on what he has done for us is jumping the gun quite a bit. He hasn't started a premier league game for us yet. He was poor last night but so were plenty of the players around him, including a number of players that we consider part of our best 11. Let's give him a little more time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I think judging him on what he has done for us is jumping the gun quite a bit. He hasn't started a premier league game for us yet. He was poor last night but so were plenty of the players around him, including a number of players that we consider part of our best 11. Let's give him a little more time. 

I think the issue is he was poor for Leicester for about 2 seasons as well. Its not a dip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrumpyFox said:

Very true…. You can’t afford to carry players though in the premier league, Emre is a quality manager and should be able to get the best out of Youri.

I just hope that if he isn't able to turn his terrible form around that he won't be left carrying the can.

Edited by AshVilla

On 12/06/2023 at 09:29, babyblue said:

Poor as in loads of mistakes, slow to get back, slow to get forward, or frankly just anonymous a lot of the time. Numbers can mask a performance can't they, does popping up with something good in the 80th minute when already 4-0 down and stat padding, does that make it a good performance?

On 12/06/2023 at 09:39, babyblue said:

With respect, that's really not saying much considering everyone outside perhaps Maddison was total and utter dog sh***. Plus, whoscored is frankly nonsense and massively padded out towards attackers. The amount of times I've seen someone fluke an assist or goal off their arse after a terrible performance and get MOTM is laughable. 

On 12/06/2023 at 09:43, babyblue said:

With respect, that's really not the case in terms of discussing his performances. I've tried to remain completely level headed here about when he's been good, when he's been bad and I hope my posts reflect that. He genuinely hasn't been very good, sure you'll have the odd flash here or there. But it's really mirrored his performances for Belgium where he's been criticised quote a bit also, also at Monaco. 

That's not to say he won't be good, he's 100% got it within him. He had an amazing 18 months over a couple of spells where he was genuinely brilliant. Plus... it's a free transfer, yeah he'll get a nice pay packet and bonus. But it's still a good deal, even if he ends up being a squad player. 

Tried to warn people and got shouted down. 

I really don't know what his issue is, he's got ability without question. Perhaps he's just one of those players that doesn't really want to be a footballer and it's just a job. 

16 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Still gets a game for Belgium though right?

They are a good team so how does he play for them?

They were a good team they are still playing Vertonghen at the back with useless Wout Faes

Â