The General FFP (Financial Fair Play) Thread

Marka Ragnos

57 minutes ago, Genie said:

What will City do that Everton won’t?

Threaten to join the super league? 

Remind the PL that they are 'kind of a big deal'?

I'm shocked that someone with an upstanding character such as Evangelos Marinakis would be investigated for not following the rules.

In an unrelated discussion, I also hope that the individuals investigating these FFP breaches have very good home security.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Juventus were relegated with points deduction. 115 charges will not be a simple fine. It will be points deduction. I'd bet money on it

They won't be relegating City. Premier league don't have the balls! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

They wouldn’t give one club a points penalty, and another club a financial penalty (especially such a rich club). There would be uproar.

This is City, they will have an army of lawyer's tying the premier league in knots for years to come. 

Everyone I have spoken to at work all say the same, city will get a small points deduction, a larger one suspended, a 7 figure fine and a 2 year suspended transfer ban. Premier league couldn't give a toss about the Evertons or Forests of the league 

They care about the Manure, Liverpool and Man Cities of the league.

5 minutes ago, calcifer said:

This is City, they will have an army of lawyer's tying the premier league in knots for years to come. 

Everyone I have spoken to at work all say the same, city will get a small points deduction, a larger one suspended, a 7 figure fine and a 2 year suspended transfer ban. Premier league couldn't give a toss about the Evertons or Forests of the league 

They literally brought FFP in to keep City off the top table. They’ll throw the book at them.

Everything about City is artificial; fan base, revenue, club stature, it’s all artificially inflated.  If City ceased to exist, nobody would give a **** in a years time. Once your Pep’s, De Bruyne’s and Haaland’s go elsewhere, nobody will care.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, calcifer said:

I think you’re wrong, if they were going to do something like that they’d have done it.

Just because City have lots of money they cannot make their breaches which are vast, and clear, become legal. This whole “tying them in knots for years” is something which is threatened in the movies.

The premier league will be getting grief from everyone else, especially people like Everton and Forest if they are not punished comparatively.

I think they’ll get a massive points deduction which relegates them but they’ll come straight up. Transfer ban & fine too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think they’ll get a massive points deduction which relegates them but they’ll come straight up. Transfer ban & fine too.

I think so too but the EFL (Championship, League One, League Two) would have no obligation to accept demoted City. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

24 minutes ago, Chindie said:

15 years of cheating, whereby they established themselves as a world power with infrastructure and player pipelines, a global group structure, completely perverted the transfer market, and won numerous titles across every competition. Is getting relegated for a season really punishment enough for that? Just **** over the Championship for a season? Nah. They need to go. They've cheated so badly and so much the punishment must be catastrophic.

Agreed. At the very least they should be stripped of their titles and relegated to League 2. Expect the most we'll get though is a 20 point deduction and a transfer ban or something, sadly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Agreed. At the very least they should be stripped of their titles and relegated to League 2. Expect the most we'll get though is a 20 point deduction and a transfer ban or something, sadly.

Oh I know they won't get a suitable punishment. They'll get a superficially large points deduction that gives Liverpool the title for a season, they'll get a transfer ban that feels heavy but isn't really because their squad is unmatched, and they'll get a very large fine that is absolutely meaningless to them, and everyone will pat themselves on the back and give a sigh of relief.

I think the only suitable punishment is to erase them, void every title, break down every structure they have to the ground, and delete every reference to them. But then I'm a very reasonable person who doesn't like cheats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Best thing Forest can do is just double down.  If the Brennan Johnson money isn't going to count for this periods FFP because it was past the deadline, then it will count in next seasons.  Just accept the punishment and go out and spend £150m in January 🤣

39 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Best thing Forest can do is just double down.  If the Brennan Johnson money isn't going to count for this periods FFP because it was past the deadline, then it will count in next seasons.  Just accept the punishment and go out and spend £150m in January 🤣

It's £35m loss per year over 3 years = £105m and I think that included some Covid leniency

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

15 years of cheating, whereby they established themselves as a world power with infrastructure and player pipelines, a global group structure, completely perverted the transfer market, and won numerous titles across every competition. Is getting relegated for a season really punishment enough for that? Just **** over the Championship for a season? Nah. They need to go. They've cheated so badly and so much the punishment must be catastrophic.

Sounds bad. 3 point deduction should cover it. 

For me, any club found guilty of breaching FFP rules should be punished, whoever they are. To not do that gives those clubs a competitive edge over other clubs who do abide by FFP. From what I've heard today, if true,  Forest and Everton should have significant points deducted. As for Man City it is very unhelpful that it is taking so long to deal with it, especially as it relates to breaches from before the current rules were in place. That is one of the reasons why Everton & Forest can be dealt with quickly. The Premier League need to get on with the Man City issue.

As for the future of FFP, I've never been a fan and I would like to see some easing of the rules to help with the competitive nature of the league. However while the current rules are in place all clubs should abide by them.

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

City are getting charged for things other than FFP breaches going back over a decade. The date for hearing has been set

And your incredibly naive to believe anything of real consequence will happen to them.

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

And your incredibly naive to believe anything of real consequence will happen to them.

And *you're incredibly naive to believe nothing of real consequence will happen to them. 

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Based on what, though?

If the PL was so fussed about Man City, they wouldn’t have brought 115 charges against them. 

Â