Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In better news I actually think we've got enough points already to finish 4th now. This Spurs is certainly losing away to Liverpool and home to Man. City.

Just very annoying it's come on the most anti-climatic night of the season.

Yep ideally I’d rather we not test the hypothesis but I wouldn’t be surprised if we have already accrued enough points to finish 4th following that Spurs result tonight.

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Arsenal won't be in the title race last game of the season if they don't beat United at Old Trafford.

I can see them choking that game.

Even if Arsenal lose to Utd they’ll likely be on 83 points and a superior GD to City on 85 points when they play Spurs. And they’re just going to throw the game and let it go to the last weekend?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Even if Arsenal lose to Utd they’ll likely be on 83 points and a superior GD to City on 85 points when they play Spurs. And they’re just going to throw the game and let it go to the last weekend?

If there's one thing you'd say about pep and this man city team it's that they're mentally weak and will be on the beach no matter what... 

This is madness, man city will be well up for it and will be the freshest fittest team in the league still

Seeing as apparently man utd, Newcastle, Chelsea were all on the brink of it happening might as well wheel out the claim that spurs are about to start a winning streak... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

If there's one thing you'd say about pep and this man city team it's that they're mentally weak and will be on the beach no matter what... 

This is madness, man city will be well up for it and will be the freshest fittest team in the league still

Seeing as apparently man utd, Newcastle, Chelsea were all on the brink of it happening might as well wheel out the claim that spurs are about to start a winning streak... 

Can we please keep the Man C115y chat to their own thread? ;)

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I feel like the idea of Arsenal phoning it in against Spurs is pretty ridiculous no matter what the circumstances are.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Let's just beat Brighton. We are 10 clear then with Spurs playing Liverpool later on Sunday 

Fair play CVByrne your levels of optimism have been refreshing to see, glad to see, you seem much more optimistic and nearly a 360 from a few weeks ago.

Edited by VillaJay
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Can we please keep the Man C115y chat to their own thread? ;)

For the purpose of beating Spurs and getting us 4th it should be allowed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Just book our ideas up on Sunday and this will be all but done. Can't be too much to ask. 

Genuinely don't think we need another point. But yeah, let's finish it on Sunday.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Liverpool have been terrible recently and City are notorious for not turning up to games the last week of the season.

I can see them getting a point out of one of those games.

Go and have a look at Burnley’s recent form and then look at Tottenham’s.  

That’s not a sure 3 points for Spurs anymore. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Go and have a look at Burnley’s recent form and then look at Tottenham’s.  

That’s not a sure 3 points for Spurs anymore. 

Come on it doesn't work like that 😉

Just for clarification the only way Man. City win the league before playing Spurs is winning their next two and Arsenal take one point from Bournemouth at home and Man. United away.

I know Arsenal blew up in the run in last season but I think that's very unlikely given their general level this season. Title race will go to the last day.

• Like 1