Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

If we win our next two before Spurs’ next match, does anyone know how many points we’d be ahead of them?

Edited by Enda
  • Haha 1

There will continue to be twists and turns, VP needs to be behind the team in full force no matter the results.

what an opportunity ahead of us to lean into the villa park fortress and cement our place. 

Two home matches to go 9 points clear, cannot underestimate the mental toll that would take on spurs.  Would be a huge uphill climb for them.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The game against Bournemouth 3 days after a tough away trip to Lille (and possibly extra time) is not going to be easy. It’s great that we’re feeling positive again but that Bournemouth game is going to be a hard slog. If they can grind out the win after the 10 days we will have had, it would be amazing.

I agree, I think if we get through the next two games with two wins we'll have done incredibly well. It would be disappointing not to win after beating Arsenal at the Emirates, but it's going to be really tough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

Hopefully Man City haven't already wrapped up the league when they go to Spurs in the penultimate game.

It's Pep, he doesn't do easing off games.

14 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I guess but if they have a CL final on the horizon it could change things 

Depends how far Arsenal and Liverpool are behind, they might not be able to risk it if they are within touching distance. We need Liverpool or Arsenal to be in with a chance come this game.

17 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I realise I'm trying to have my cake and eat it here but if we do manage to hold 4th then I don't want 5th to get CL football 😅

Lol, sure I get it. The issue is you would want to know we would have 4th and then see CL 5th slip away but it'll be the other way around 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I realise I'm trying to have my cake and eat it here but if we do manage to hold 4th then I don't want 5th to get CL football 😅

Isn’t it better to have another English team in Europe? We might need 5th next season to get CL again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Isn’t it better to have another English team in Europe? We might need 5th next season to get CL again.

Hmm not necessarily, the coefficient points are divided not added together.