Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

At the risk of jinxing myself, there’s no way Man U manages to catch us and take 5th. We will get something off of Bournemouth, Chelsea, Brighton and CP.

Until it’s mathematically guaranteed, I’m nervous. They’ll need 4 wins from their last 7 to get to 61 points.. that’s assuming we don’t pick up another point… I’d be surprised if we didn’t get 1 point in the last 6 games… that’ll be an epic implosion.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

At the risk of jinxing myself, there’s no way Man U manages to catch us and take 5th. We will get something off of Bournemouth, Chelsea, Brighton and CP.

Do people really, actually believe that nonsense?

• Thanks 1

Perspectives and opinions will naturally change over the course of a season, for better or worse. I would love nothing more than for us to get into the Champions League. All of us would. But if we did find ourselves in the Europa League, I would be very happy. That is the competition which our manager excels in. Said it before but I do think we will win the Conference League as well.

I am looking for the good in whatever situation we end up in because Villa is one of the few positives in my life at the moment!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Until it’s mathematically guaranteed, I’m nervous. They’ll need 4 wins from their last 7 to get to 61 points.. that’s assuming we don’t pick up another point… I’d be surprised if we didn’t get 1 point in the last 6 games… that’ll be an epic implosion.

The one thing to note from looking at our entire schedule is we've never gone more than two games without a win. Arsenal will probably break that streak but Bournemouth has 3 points written all over it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’m not completely ruling out Man Utd just yet but believe in 3 weeks time we will have top five wrapped up. Bournemouth away is no gimme as we found out. We will likely fail to beat Arsenal but hopefully they fail to beat Bournemouth and then whilst they play their FA Cup semi final we can beat Bournemouth at home which puts us in a great position. 

I back Emery to correct the mistakes of the last game against Chelsea so think we beat them this time round (especially if it turns out a win guarantees Champions League at this point).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

5th Is great.  After a season where we have had so many injuries to key players it will be remarkable really. Real progress. 

Well said mate. I said to someone at the game yesterday if you'd have said to me at the start of the season that Mings and Buendia would miss the whole season, Ramsey over half of it, Kamara a third of it, Moreno 3 months, Torres the best part of 2 months and we'd also be without Digne, Tielemans, Konsa, Carlos, Cash all for a decent number of games then I'd have expected at this stage we'd be lingering around mid table. 

Just because the mainstream media choose to ignore it we as fans should not turn a blind eye to the fact we have had horrendous luck with injuries that renders our current position remarkable, more so when you consider we have also found our way into the Conference League quarter finals. 

• Like 3

Madison really needs to be banned for that punch, how on earth they missed that. He extends his arm and then it abruptly stops after connecting with his stomach. Disgusting player. Hope they throw the kitchen sink at him and misses the remainder of the games.

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

The one thing to note from looking at our entire schedule is we've never gone more than two games without a win. Arsenal will probably break that streak but Bournemouth has 3 points written all over it.

Bournemouth lost to Luton yesterday, if we can’t beat them at home we don’t deserve to be in Europe at all let alone CL.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Bournemouth lost to Luton yesterday, if we can’t beat them at home we don’t deserve to be in Europe at all let alone CL.

Hopefully on the beach

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Feels like the only certainty is both teams will beat teams they aren't supposed to and lose to teams they weren't supposed to lose to.

100%.  I can see the favourites for 4th tag changing hands a couple more times yet this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Spurs Fixtures:
Newcastle (A)    -  0 Points
Arsenal (H)     - 0 Points
Chelsea (A)  - 0 Points
Liverpool (A) - 0 Points
Man City (H)   - 0 Points
Burnley (H)    - 3 Points
Sheffield Utd (A)    - 3 points

Total = 6 Points

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Villa Fixtures:
Arsenal (A)   - Win
Bournemouth (H)    - Win
Chelsea (H)    - Draw
Brighton (A)    - Win
Liverpool (H)    - Win
Crystal Palace (A)   - Loss

Total = 13 Points

Champions League Final Liverpool Fc GIF - Champions League Final Champions  League Liverpool Fc - Discover & Share GIFs‎‏‎‎‏‎

spacer.png

• Like 1