Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 minutes ago, allani said:

The post implied that we're mentally not as strong as them and that they wouldn't throw away 2 points against a team like Brentford.  Which the facts don't support.  I think we're pretty equal - we'll look invincible one match, less so the next.  They are probably just about favourites for 4th at the moment but that could change next week or the week after.

I just feel like we haven't played consistently well for a long time. Our performances of late leave me feeling more deflated than optimistic. A sign of how far we've come in such a short space of time and how competitive the league is I guess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I just feel like we haven't played consistently well for a long time. Our performances of late leave me feeling more deflated than optimistic. A sign of how far we've come in such a short space of time and how competitive the league is I guess.

We’re learning the hard way what it means to compete with the big dogs.

• Like 2

Spurs will beat Chelsea and get something from Newcastle. Can see them getting 10 more points can see us getting 9 or 10  beating Bournemouth Chelsea and Palace. Maybe a draw v Brighton. Obvious defeats to arsenal and liverpool

10 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

We had a chance to go top at Xmas and failed to beat bottom of the league at home, scraping a last minute draw we didnt deserve.

We scored perfectly legit opening goal that was ruled out that changed course of the game. 

• Like 2

Just now, ben1505 said:

We’d need to be more than 6 points clear of Spurs before they play their last two games (Burnley and Sheffield). That’s unlikely.

They'll be playing Man. City inbetween those two.

The key I think now is Spurs not winning at Newcastle otherwise they'll be three clear, have a decent GD lead and still have a game in hand over us while we likely won't get anything at Arsenal so that wouldn't be a good place to be and we'd certainly need to beat Chelsea and Bournemouth then.

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Spurs will beat Chelsea and get something from Newcastle. Can see them getting 10 more points can see us getting 9 or 10  beating Bournemouth Chelsea and Palace. Maybe a draw v Brighton. Obvious defeats to arsenal and liverpool

Can see Chelsea beating them tbh

Just now, Rodders said:

I'm not so sure, spurs have a shocking record vs Chelsea

I'm leaning towards the 2 Chelsea games swinging it, I'd expect us to beat them at home and Spurs to lose away 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

We scored perfectly legit opening goal that was ruled out that changed course of the game. 

Oh give me a break. We were on a 15 game home winning streak and had just beaten Man City and Arsenal back to back. We were playing a side who have 16 points after 31 games.

That's an embarrassing excuse.

Just now, R.Bear said:

Oh give me a break. We were on a 15 game home winning streak and had just beaten Man City and Arsenal back to back. We were playing a side who have 16 points after 31 games.

Or that's football... 

Now go back and look at spurs bad results of the course of the season, every team has them 

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

I mean we should've won the game regardless but the refereeing definitely had an impact on that game more than most.

• Like 1