Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Spurs do look suspect at the back. I can see any one of Chelsea, Newcastle, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool exposing them

City need to improve their goal difference 

3 minutes ago, Hev said:

When will we know for sure if 5th will get CL?

When the last German or English club are out of it.

Edited by villa82

2 minutes ago, Hev said:

When will we know for sure if 5th will get CL?

When all the German teams are knocked out 

Called it months ago, we will go in the EL and CL finals having to cheer on man city and Liverpool 

Gonna need 2 showers after that 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

When all the German teams are knocked out 

Called it months ago, we will go in the EL and CL finals having to cheer on man city and Liverpool 

Gonna need 2 showers after that 

City still don’t look that great, especially at the back. I would rule Madrid out.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

So did you think we would get a draw against Brentford, before the game?....with Brentford in 15th place and struggling in the league......and us at home in 4th.

Did you think we would be cruising a 2-0 up, and capitulate in the manner that we did, to a team who didn't lay a glove on us up till then?

That's what many fans are discussing, without digressing to how well the season has gone as a whole....they are saying, how did that happen, is that a surprise.

The stadium is full to capacity, every game, with spirited fans, singing their heads off, me included.....Does that strike you as fickle or unappreciative fans?

Fans have a right to express themselves after a game....and that one did throw up some anomalies.....Fans reserve the right, to express themselves differently.

Many think the race for the champions league has passed, some think we have created a huge task for ourselves, some think nothing has changed.....who's right, I don't know.

On the evidence of the collapse, and other games, where we have done similar, I am not sure if we are actually ready for Champions league competition, anyway, with a WIP team...but that's just me.

I'm not talking about individual results. I was of course disappointed with the result in isolation. I was referring to those posts about how we've "bottled" top 4. Top 4 was never ours to bottle in the first place. No sane person had us finishing in the top 4 and also winning a European cup. That's a season beyond our wildest dreams. Yet the dream is still on. You wouldn't know it from the way some of our fans are going on.

• Like 1

We have been playing with fire the last 2 months form wise with the amount we conceded through sloppyness and switching off sooner or later was going to catchup to us never been rectified.

Edited by ozvilla28