Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Gonna be an interesting one

we’re better everywhere other than midfield but in our current state their midfield is so superior to ours that it almost negates our superiority everywhere else 

I’m probably spouting rubbish… but I just wonder if we try to hurt them and exploit the form and confidence of our attacking players (namely Bailey and now, hopefully, Diaby) and offset our relative midfield weakness with our… attacking superiority? 
🤷‍♂️

At least until we get John back… dunno how we are gonna defensively bolster that midfield and we will be asking a lot from Tim if he’s thrown in… would be lovely if he can step up and thrive…

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Gonna be a really tough game, harder than Fulham away on paper. 3 points would be great!

Thought we played great against them, especially at the start of that game… hopefully a similar approach vs West Ham… I’m excited about an attacking three of Bailey, Watkins and Diaby (time to shine)…

Would be lovely to have the Pau and Ezri combo back too…

33 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Oh yeah. Didn't realize wasn't full time and whoscored hadn't updated table yet. Good stuff

Makes it even better 

50 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Do you think Unai watched the spurs defeat tonight, celebrating each fulham goal, or do you think he doesnt concern himself with other teams? 

I don’t really know, but he is such a football addict I’m sure he watched and with each goal gave a little smile and stroked his chin.

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Another factor that I don’t see mentioned that often but it’s important is that Tottenham are a bunch of shit arse rocket polishers and they can **** right off.

This is an important point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Strange there’s no comments from the usual suspects about our CL chances now the superior Tinytotts have caved in. 
I thought we were told they were flying and we had to settle for fifth at best? 
Or maybe they just beat a tired ten man team like they destroyed nine man Liverpool in the last minute.

Internet must be playing up In Leeds and Dakota!

Keep the faith, we’ve got injured players to come back.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Another factor that I don’t see mentioned that often but it’s important is that Tottenham are a bunch of shit arse rocket polishers and they can **** right off.

Spot on

😂

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m probably spouting rubbish… but I just wonder if we try to hurt them and exploit the form and confidence of our attacking players (namely Bailey and now, hopefully, Diaby) and offset our relative midfield weakness with our… attacking superiority? 
🤷‍♂️

At least until we get John back… dunno how we are gonna defensively bolster that midfield and we will be asking a lot from Tim if he’s thrown in… would be lovely if he can step up and thrive…

Think there's  some sense in this, go a little more direct at times, try and bypass midfield, especially with the passing from our centre backs. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Got to be awkward for some after last weeks intense bed wetting that the season was over 😂

It’s getting so bad I do wonder how relieved these fans actually are when things go our way again.  They go quiet until the next defeat.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Think there's  some sense in this, go a little more direct at times, try and bypass midfield, especially with the passing from our centre backs. 

Just thinking… if both Leon and Moussa are playing well (hoping the latter has restored confidence and can hit some sustained form)… to keep them in the side and in favoured positions (either side of Ollie, who is hopefully fine and continues to fire in the goals).. and try to tear through teams… amongst the best wingers or wide forwards in the league, on their day? Attack and hurt the opposition with a front 3 while keeping midfield stable and fairly defensive…

I don’t know… 😆

A point tomorrow is decent tbh. A win would be amazing but a draw is also good. A defeat isn’t the end of the world either. 

1 hour ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I guarantee we win tomorrow. I'll never post on the forum again if we lose.

Support your team and believe!

You don’t need to never post again if we don’t win.